Saturday, November 01, 2008

White House, Here We Come!

Brian has a work conference in DC next weekend and I am taking a bus down to hang out with him and Beth. Following is an email we got from the White House this week. Anna, who is mentioned in the email, is a babysitter for Ryder and Beau. She's an SMU student who interned at the White House and got us the ultimate hook-up!! (I've deleted any private information from the email).

Anna has told me that if I do not get you all into the West Wing she will no longer be friend so because of the fact that she is such a stellar person I have cleared my calendar to give you all a personal tour of the West Wing Saturday November 8, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Please arrive at __________ and ________ no earlier than 2 (no need to be early arriving at 2 is perfect). Show your IDs to the agent and he will let you in. Please call my cell at ______ when you arrive and I will come out and meet you at the second entry gate.

You must have your ID to enter.

The dress is business casual (no jeans, t shirts, flip flops, shorts etc.) cameras are permitted for pictures outside the West Wing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.


Best,

Mr. __________

The White House
Office of Legislative Affairs


I am so excited!!!

3 comments:

Me, Myself, and I said...

Dang! You are the luckiest girl I know! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Anonymous said...

Very cool - Wonder what it will be like since it will be after the elections. YOU MUST BLOG AFTERWARDS!!! ~andi

Anonymous said...

Oh, well, see and now you will be glad you decided to vote because how embarressing if you actually got asked if you voted at the White House... :)"uh, no, but thanks for the tour!"