-I spent a ton of time with the babies, Ryder & Beau. I stayed at their house 2 nights and at my mom's 2 nights, but Ryder stayed wherever I did! I got to put him to bed all 4 nights I was there and that's one of my favorite things to do. I feel closer to Beau after this trip...he's becoming more personable with smiles and giggles. He sure is a cutie! Here's a pic of them dressed alike on Sunday night:
-Ate lunch at Chick-fil-a with my sister and a couple of her friends and the boys. Ryder is big enough to play all by himself in the play area while we chatted at our table.
-Visited my friend, Kelli, and we managed to fit in a much-needed pedicure!
-Had some girls over for pizza Friday night while I watched the boys. Afterwards, we went to Xocolatl, a chocolate place where on Friday's it's all you can eat chocolate for $10. It was fun, but wasn't as great as we thought it might be. I think maybe it's a pretty new place and they just haven't quite got they're stuff together yet. After that, we went to a bar and watched Kareoke with some other people.
With Worley, Brooke, and Andi at the choclate bar
I think you all know I don't drink much at all....
these girls drink even less. Yet, somehow, we
ended up taking $1 Watermelon shots together.
Kind of funny! I'm pretty sure they had no
alcohol as they tasted too good and didn't affect
any of us at all! I hope they don't kill me for
posting evidence of this!
-Went to brunch with my friend, Amber, at Gloria's. They have great Mimosas! And we had a great time catching-up!
-Took a few great naps- I had hoped to do this outside in the sun, but it was yucky weather all weekend long.
-Visited some with my cousin, Amy and her husband, Nathan, who were in town for a wedding Saturday. Turned out to be a crazy wedding experience, but that's too big a story for this blog!
-Went to dinner at Mi Cocina with my old roommate, Deanna. It was great to catch-up with her one-on-one as the last few times I've seen her other people have been there.
-Sunday was church. I always seem to end up at multiple churches when I'm back in Dallas. I went back to PCBC, which is always nice. I also went to my friend Marsha's church because her baby, Kerstin, was being dedicated. I had not met Kerstin and she was just the most joyful baby and so cute. The dedication was really special and it was nice to have a bit of time to catch-up with Marsha, who I hadn't seen since my first trip back last June.
-My sister and I went shopping at Macy's. I got some Jessica Simpson shoes and that made me happy!! No, I didn't buy them because they were made by JS...I actually liked them and picked them before I knew that. But, I must say, I think it's pretty funny that I own something from her line!
-Beth and I also went to Sprinkles, the new cupcake place in Dallas. I had to compare theirs to the NYC versions. I liked them, but they almost weren't even comparable to the NYC cupcakes. because the cake part was SO different from any cupcake I've ever had-- so dense and thick. It was good, though. The icing did not compare to Magnolia's, and I'm sticking with Magnolia as my all-time favorite cupcake maker for now.
-My mom had my dad's two first-cousins and some of their children and grandchildren over for a bar-b-que on Sunday night. It was fun to catch-up with everyone. We have the cutest twin cousins, Molly and Grace, who are 3....they are adorable, I wish I had snapped a picture of them. But, they are extremely shy. Ryder kind of stole the show, with his larger-than-life personality. He was singing and dancing for all who would watch. He's hilarious!
-Monday was another bar-b-que at my friend's Todd & Jennifer's house. It was nice to catch-up with a bunch of friends there. I always used to call these people my "off-holiday friends" because we seemed to always spend the non-family holidays together-- Mem Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, New Years.
-Monday afternoon I enjoyed a final few hours with Ryder and my parents before we headed to the airport. I also began to feel sick about this time. My flight home was not so fun and I stayed home sick on Tuesday! I guess it was just a 24-hour bug because by Tuesday evening I felt 100% better.
I was more sad to leave Dallas than I have been in the past. Makes me think I'm getting closer to the point of heading back. Who knows, though. I also have no future trips planned and not really any days to use to go back, so that may have been what made it harder. Beth and Brian are thinking about taking a trip in August and if they do, they'll fly me to Dallas to help my mom watch the boys. I'm crossing my fingers that all works out!
2 comments:
Hahahaha!!! Does Worley know you posted that picture of her yet? I'm glad you had a good time in Dallas. I hope to see you again sometime when you are here.
Wow Susan, you know how to fit a lot of fun into a small amount of time. I love seeing pictures of your nephews. Ryder already looks older than when I met him over Thanksgiving. Beau is cute-is he blonde?
Post a Comment