Monday, May 14, 2007

Walking Weather

Now that the weather is so nice, I find myself walking a lot more. If I have time, I'd rather walk than get on the subway and it's so nice how this city is set-up for that. Saturday, I went to brunch with a group and afterwards went home with Kristin so we could catch-up. After a couple of hours at her apartment, I left to go home, thinking I would walk a few blocks to the subway, but I was on the phone and just kept walking until I got all the way home! I think it was close to 4-miles...down and across the Upper East Side, through the park, down the Upper West Side all the way to Hells Kitchen! It was so nice!

Friday night, Joy and I went to JP Clarke's to use the gift certificate I won a few weeks ago at my church's coffee house. It was a yummy dinner. Afterwards, we caught a show. It was kind of a review of popular showtunes from the 1920's-1940's. Kristin Chenoweth was the star (she's huge on Broadway, if you don't know her). It was very enjoyable- really cute choreography and great singing and acting. Kristin's also known for her humor, so it was funny, too.

Saturday night, was a party thrown by Joy and her roommates. I ran into some Journey folks I hadn't seen in quite a while and it was fun catching up with them. Unfortunately, it started raining that night, so we didn't get to enjoy the awesome rooftop they have!

Sunday, I went shopping again. I've been having a lot of fun shopping the last 2 weekends! I also went to church. A guy who used to lead worship at The Journey was subbing in for our normal guy. It was great! When I was working in The Journey's office, he sat directly across from me and would often be playing around on his guitar and singing in preparation for Sunday. I totally had flashbacks to those days listening to him sing and play again. I forgot how much I used to love working to the tune of those guys awesome worship songs!

No comments: