Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and here in New York it’s the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade! I can’t wait! My friend Brooke and her mom are coming in today for the weekend. They have a hotel on the parade route and I am going to stay with them there tonight, so that should be awesome for tomorrow morning!
Late tomorrow, I’m off to Missouri. My family is spending Thanksgiving there with close family friends. I’ll miss the big Thanksgiving feast, but will get to spend the rest of the weekend with everyone and I’m looking forward to it (and mom said she’d try to save me some of my favorite potato casserole)! I’ll also get to see a few friends from high school which is always fun.
I’ve been working as a contractor at the NHL for 8 days now. It has gone pretty well. It’s been pretty slow, but okay and really has gotten better every day. I think I will like the people I’m working for/with, but the office is generally VERY quiet and I’m afraid that could make me crazy some days. They’ve been really nice and pretty much have told me it will turn into a full-time permanent job in a couple of weeks (unless something unexpected comes up). They’ve been willing to work with me on my vacations I already had planned for Thanksgiving and Christmas and a short trip to Niagara Falls next week, so that is really nice.
Otherwise, you may remember me mentioning a position at a company that owns private schools. Well, I was supposed to have an interview there over 2 weeks ago, but it was cancelled at the very last minute. I followed-up on it several times, with little response, so I finally decided to just give up on it. But, they called finally. They wanted me to meet them at noon today, but I didn’t think it was a good idea to take off from the NHL—I need to be on my best behavior here so I don’t miss out on the full-time opportunity. So, it looks like the school company is willing to meet me next Tuesday evening. I’m a little turned-off by them at this point, but I am going to go and check it out—maybe there is a reason for their flakiness over the past few weeks. We'll see and I'll keep ya updated until I'm locked-in somewhere.
2 comments:
Have a great Thanksgiving! I bet the parade will be crazy and fun! Be safe!
I hope you had fun at the parade! It must have been an awesome experience to see it in person. Good luck on the job front!! I hope you will feel confident you've made the right decision and will grow to love whichever job you end up taking.
P.S. Are you watching the Bachelor finale tonight?!?!?
Post a Comment