Thursday, November 02, 2006
Curly Girl
Last week, I got my hair cut at Devachan-- which I lovingly refer to as the "Curly Girl" salon. Most of you know I went there when I was up here on vacation in May of 2005. That time I got my hair cut by THE curly girl herself, Lorraine Massey, author of the book "Curly Girls". A lot of you have borrowed my book, but if you're a girl with curly or even barely wavy hair and have not read the book you should get it! Anyway, Lorraine's hair cut was the best I've ever gotten, but also by far the most expensive. It was kind of a once in a lifetime sort of thing. But, I needed a haircut last week (I haven't had one since I moved up 6.5 months ago)! So, I called to see how much the other stylists at the salon are and they actually have some that are fairly reasonable! Yippee! So, I got to go back to Devachan. I love that place! My stylist was an Asian guy named Jeffrey. I loved him! He asked me where I was from originally and I said Dallas. I added that I just moved up here 6 months ago. And he looked totally shocked and said "What?!?! I thought you looked like a true New Yorker! I thought you'd been here for years!" How amazing is that? A true New Yorker already! Anyway, the hair cutting at Devachan is an experience...they give you this delicious fruit tea and they pamper you and the head massage while they wash your hair is the best!! It was a fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, if we come to NY, should i get a setup by Curly Girl or would anyone do? Can i get the same guidance from anyone? What price would i be looking at? I TOTALLY need advice!
Post a Comment