Monday, May 15, 2006

Rooftop Party!

Have you ever been to a rooftop party? Me either...at least not before Friday! Yes, I got to go to my first party on a rooftop. Doesn't sound quite as slick as the Pizza at the Penthouse party I went to with Julie in Dallas a few months ago, but nothing beats a rooftop in NYC. A big group from the church got together Friday after work to see Poseidon (don't waste your time) at the IMAX (better and BIGGER at the IMAX, but still don't waste your time). Afterwards, we went to a nearby hot-dog & smoothie stand to get dinner. When some of the people realized we were eating at a place that had NO seating, they suggested we call up this guy who lived nearby and see if he was home. So, we did and he was and we all walked the few blocks to his apartment with hotdogs and drinks in hand. His place was excellent...I want it! And the rooftop was a bonus. We took blankets and chairs up there and sat for a couple of hours just talking and enjoying the view. It was great!

No comments: