When I found out I was moving to New York and had less than a month to do so, I had many friends ask, "So, what do you want to do in Dallas before you leave." Which was usually followed by them suggesting, "Eat lots of Mexican food"?!?! And we did eat lots of Mexican food. In fact, one of those last weeks I managed to eat at Mi Cocina 3 times. Actually, none of those 3 times was it my choice, it was just kind of a random coincidence. Nonetheless, I ate there 3 times in 1 week, and I have to admit I did love it-- got their fabulous tortilla soup one night, their best salad, the Rico, another night, and the last time, I was treated to my absolute favorite-- the brisquet tacos- yummy! The bonus was that I managed to pay only once out of those three trips! But, in actuality Mexican food was not the food I would miss most from Dallas. It was Chick-fil-a! I love that place and could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I don't think I'd ever get sick of it.
So, this morning, my pastor was doing a sermon on what it takes to be successful. He used the founder of Chick-fil-a as an example. For those who haven't heard the story, it goes something like this (I may not have all the facts completely straight, but this is close).....Truett Cathy opened Chick-Fil-A many years ago (the 1940's or something like that). After being open a while, he made the risky decision to close the restaurants on Sundays. Sundays is often the busiest day for fast-food restaurants because it's a big shopping day. But, he wanted to close Sundays to offer his employees a day to worship, spend time with their families, and to rest. In the year that Truett Cathy made this change, the revenues tripled (or something like that). So, it's just a great example of how God will bless those who are obedient to his will and will entrust more to those who choose to use what He provides to further His kingdom.
So, it's a great story, even if you've heard it multiple times before. But, do you want to know the best part of the story THIS morning? When Nelson mentioned that there is a Chick-fil-a on NYU's campus! Why it is not listed on their internet site, I do not know. He told us he goes there sometimes and pretends to be a student so he can get a Chicken sandwich. I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before! I knew a lot of campuses have Chick-fil-a, but I didn't think of there being one at NYU! Of course, my first thought was..."I'm going to Chick-fil-a for lunch right after church!!" But, then I remembered-- oh, it's Sunday- they're closed. How many times have we all wanted Chick-fil-a on Sundays-- too many! So, guess what I'll be trying to fit into my schedule this week-- yep, a trip to NYU. Let's just hope it's open since the spring semester just ended and summer school has not yet started.
1 comment:
That is really funny! I really like Chick-fil-a, too. My favorites are the sweet tea and the fries. They have the best fries in the world.
How was the visit from your mom, sister, and nephew? I hope you had a great time!
Post a Comment