Wednesday, May 03, 2006

At the m:i:III Premiere

Tonight was the most fun yet! Right after work, I went with a few co-workers to see David Blaine. He's the crazy guy who's spending a week underwater in a clear bubble thing. Anyway, we went to check it out. It was strange and I can't say I understand why anyone would do that or why people are so interested in watching him. It was not that exciting to me. But, I can say I saw it!

Afterwards, my friends all had other places to be, but I headed for the Mission Impossible premiere. I wasn't even sure what time it was supposed to start, but when I got to the theater, there were lots of people waiting outside. They had set up barricades across the street from the red carpet for people like me to stand in and watch. I got a great spot at the back of the barricaded area-- it was great because I could climb up the gate at the back and sit on it and see everything. Plus, I was right in the center where the cars stopped to unload. Within 10 minutes of my arriving, the celebrities started arriving-- my timing was perfect! I saw several celebrities and it was AWESOME!!! All of the really famous people arrived in either a black Suburban or a black Tahoe. The less famous came in limos. When they got there, they mostly would just get right out of the car and head straight for the red carpet where photographers were waiting. They would stand at the entrance to the red carpet for at least 10 minutes twirling and posing. It was interesting to see how it all worked. Most did not acknowledge all us fans across the street. Anyway, here's who I got to see:

  • Kerri Russell-- SO cute! But, I was disappointed becasue she wasn't "embracing her curls". Her hair was pretty straight with some waves at the ends. I couldn't really see what she was wearing, but it was pink and backless-- I saw a lot of her bare back!
  • Philip Seymour Hoffman-- yeah! the guy who just won the Best Actor Oscar
  • Tim Robbins-- very tall! He had crazy hair!
  • Jonathan Rhys Meyers-- I recognized him, but couldn't remember where from so I had to look it up when I got home. Most recently, he was in "Match Point".
  • Kanye West-- I guess he has a song in the movie. They kept blaring one of his songs and the Mission Impossible song the whole time I was there.
  • P-Diddy, Puff Daddy, Sean Combs...whatever you want to call him.
  • and the best was when Tom Cruise and Laurence Fishburne arrived together. Tom got out first, climbing out of his window and and up on top of the Tahoe they were in. He stood on top of it and rather than turning towards the photographers, he turned to us lowly fans first and waved. Then Laurence climbed up there with Tom and they stood there with their arms around each other just smiling and waving at us. It was awesome! I was totally screaming with the crowd! I've been pretty anti-Cruise lately, but this definitely gave him some points!!

I feel like I may be leaving a couple of people off the list. It was all so exciting and I was trying so hard to remember everyone I'd seen. Next time, I need to write them down! I got some pictures and will have to figure out how to get them on here. Anyway, I absolutely loved it and can't wait for the next premiere!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting Susan! You've got to post some pictures. I'm also glad to hear you've got a new place to stay for May. Good luck and continue to keep us posted!
Deanna

Anonymous said...

Can't believe he didn't bring TomKitten!!!!