I decided to go to Morristown, New Jersey. It sounded like a cute town, I could easily get there on the train, and there was a hotel with a pool I was excited to stay at. It ended up being a wonderful weekend! I think I will definitely go back there again this coming summer. I spent most of my time at the hotel. I lounged by the pool, worked on my bible study, prayed, read, slept well in the comfy bed, and used the gym and went running outside around the nearby neighborhood. I am bad about having extended, quality time with God and I had a LOT of it that weekend. It was so refreshing. I also read the entire book Bossypants...did most of that reading on the train and by the pool. It was our book club book that month (for Book Club on a Boat!). I am sure that is the only time I have read one of our books in a single weekend!
On Saturday night, I went into the downtown area of Morristown and grabbed a bite and walked around and into some shops. It was a super cute little town. I kept thinking about how it reminded me of Ireland - which I thought was strange at first. There were a couple of churches and a park that reminded me so much of Dublin and then I noticed a couple of Irish pubs and THEN I saw a whole shop that was only Irish souvenirs....that was my final clue that there was definitely something Irish about the place. You may remember how much I loved Dublin, so it's no surprise that I loved Morristown!
This park reallly reminded me of the parks in Dublin
I don't remember what this was, but I thought
it was really pretty and also SO European!
When I saw Sweet Lucy's, of course I had to try a cupcake :)
No comments:
Post a Comment