Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Club. On A Boat.

So, as you may know, my book club always meets at different restaurants for our monthly book discussions.  We take turns picking the book and the restaurant.  Beth mentioned over the summer that her gym owns a boat and they have dinner cruises a couple of times each week.  We thought it might be a fun/different idea for book club some month, so we booked it for August.  It was super cheap (maybe $25...for a 2-hour cruise & dinner!).  We were all so excited!

Then, the day of our cruise came and it was raining.  POURING rain.  All day I thought that surely the cruise would be cancelled.  But, as of the end of the work day, it had not been cancelled.  So, I trekked over to the East River and by the time I got to the boat I was drenched and still waiting for the announcement that the cruise was cancelled.  But, amazingly, they never cancelled.  So, it was a bit of a bummer that we had extremely poor weather for most of the ride.  We still had fun though!

See the gloom?

A boat ride with umbrellas :(  
Me with Stacy, Ginger, and Sonia

Kristy, Jackie, and Jackie found a bit of shelter!

If Battery Park City wasn't SO far away from the rest of my life, it would be a lovely place to live!

This was the first up-close view I had of the new Freedom Tower
(the building in the center with the cranes on top)


 Well, hello there, Lady Liberty


City at dusk



No comments: