Anyway, the ironic part to all of this is that we had our first snow extremely early this year...Saturday, October 29th! It wasn't a ton of snow, but it was still a bit shocking to see snow so early in the season....especially when I had already predicted a very mild winter. Because all the trees still had the bulk of the leaves on them, they could not withstand both the weight of the leaves and the snow, so there were a lot of trees and tree limbs down around the neighborhood and in the park. I made my way across the park that day (via bus) to watch some Baylor football at Stacy's and it was CRAZY out. A huge tree in front of my building was down and as I stepped out I heard a really loud noise and then watched as another huge tree limb fell and very narrowly missed falling on a guy walking down the sidewalk - yikes! And, the street the bus usually takes thru the park was closed because of trees that had fallen there so we had to take a detour. I wasn't expecting so much damage for such a small amount of snow, but it really took it's toll!
The boyz happened to be spending some time at my mom's that weekend and I guess mom told them that it was snowing in NYC. So, when I talked to them later that day, Ryder asked to see pictures and I assured him I would take some and email them. Well, I'm not always the best aunt and I totally forgot about my promise. The following day, I got a phone call from Beau. BEAU! To this day, I have no idea how he called me....he was playing with Beth's phone and I'm pretty sure it was unintentional that he called me (as opposed to some random person), but it sure was fun to get a phone call from that little dude. Ryder overheard Beau talking to me and insisted on getting on the line and he proceeded to remind me "Hey, SuSu, where are the pictures of the snow?!" So, I immediately went outside and took pictures. Anyway, these are the not-so-great pictures I ended up with for sweet Ry of our first snow of 2011/2012!
Small tree limbs down on my street
Snow covered car on my street
Snow @ one of the Brownstone's on my street
Trees down in the park
Big Tree Truck alongside the park
Snow in the park!
No comments:
Post a Comment