Some fun things I've done the past couple of weekends....
-- Brunch with book club at DBGB. This is yet another recent brunch find! I love this restaurant. Food is great, there isn't a long wait, nice atmosphere, etc... The book club members liked it, too!
-- After brunch at DBGB, we went to see Jane Eyre. This was the last book for club, but I chose not to read it. I just assumed that I wouldn't like it very much and knew there was no way I'd ever be able to finish it (especially with how busy I was at work last month...two 2AM mornings, if that gives you a clue). I also assumed that I would not like the movie. It just falls into a genre of movies that I typically find boring. But, I was surprised. I loved it! It almost made me want to read the book (which, of course, everyone else thought was way better than the movie).
-- Dinner with Mindy at Five Napkin burger. I've been wanting, yet not wanting to try this restaurant out. Some people have had good things to say. I wasn't so sure because it is a big restaurant that, although new to the city, has multiple locations. It just screamed chain-restaurant to me. And with all the excellent burgers in NYC, I just didn't see how it could compare. But, I'd heard from more than one person that the burgers are good, so when Mindy suggested it, I decided to give it a go. And now we know. I didn't like it. I mean, it was fine, but it wasn't great. I'd rather save my burgers for Shake Shack, Burger Joint, or Corner Bistro...the best in the world!
-- Brunch at BlueRibbon Bakery. BlueRibbon is a place in the West Village I've been wanting to try for a while. It was so great! Rosella and Alejandra were happy to go with me and we all loved it. It was so cute and bright and sunny inside and the food was delicious. They're kind of known for their poached eggs and we each ended up ordering a different kind and we all loved them. I had the poached eggs with salmon, caviar, and rye toast. It was so good that I can't imagine ever going back there and ordering something different.
-- After BlueRibbon, we went to see Mike Birbiglia's newest show, "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend". Oh, I LOVE this guy. I think it was my 4th time to see him live...saw him do stand-up twice and I saw his last play "Sleepwalk with Me". He is so funny without being to crass or raunchy. I was happy for hours & days after seeing the show. It's good to laugh for 80 minutes straight.
I've got some more fun things planned for this coming weekend so stay tuned!
2 comments:
2 a.m. workdays - oh no!
That sounds terrible.
(Rest of this post sounds fun, of course, but I just had to comment on the bad work schedule!)
I am so jealous of you seeing Mike Birbiglia-again!!! I love him. Can't wait to hear about this show.
Post a Comment