We went to Tea at my favorite, Lady Mendls. It was my 3rd time there and the food, the tea, and the whole experience is all so fabulous. I can't wait to have another reason or out-of-towners to go with again!
After Tea, we caught a subway to the BK to check out the Brooklyn Flea. There are actually 2 locations for the Brooklyn Flea - one is indoor and year-round and one is outdoor, just in the summer. I went to the outdoor location last year and wasn't super impressed. I was still excited to see the indoor version and I loved it!! There were so many great vendors and interesting things. Each of us bought something while we were there. I ended up with some super cool vintage sunglasses (probably too cool for my face) and a bracelet. The BK Flea is also known for its food...we were stuff from Tea, but next time I head out there, I need to make sure I'm hungry for lunch! Jenifer did buy a 6-pack of cookies courtesy of Momofuku Milk Bar (they're known for their cookies!). They are weird flavors, but they were mostly good!
We spent quite a bit of time at the flea and then went back to Manhattan for dinner at Max Brenner followed by church. Love my church and fun to share it with some of my Dallas church friends. Plus, the music that night was amazing (it usually is, but I got chills this particular night - so good)!
I worked on Monday while the girls continued to play. The did the West Village Food Tour - it's so great and I'm glad they got to do it. I met them later for dinner at Patsy's Pizza (pizza was great...waitress was horrible). Then, we headed home for a Bachelor Watch Party! I was so excited when I realized their weekend trip was going to coincide with the Bachelor Finale - couldn't have planned it better if we'd tried! I had a little bit of decor ready for the watch-party and I also picked up one of my new favorite treats - mini cupcakes from Baked By Melissa. These cupcakes are tiny, but packed full of amazing flavor! So good!
Added some Bachelor Decor to the Armoire
Brooke came out to watch the show with us!
2 comments:
I LOVE that you made Bachelor cake toppers :) This is why you are my friend. Picture of the vintage sunglasses please!
Agreed - want to see these sunglasses! I recently came across a picture of you in some fun ones at Heathrow. Funny!
Post a Comment