Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birthday Weekend : Part I

No, not MY birthday weekend!  Michelle's birthday weekend!  Michelle thought about her 40th birthday for a while and didn't seem keen on celebrating it at all.  I suggested several times that we just get away somewhere fun.  I was thrilled when she called in December and said she decided what she wanted to do - come to NYC and go somewhere for an amazing dinner and see a Broadway show.  Well, that's easy!  I was excited and started planning right away.  I mean, this birthday deserved a big celebration!!

I got Worley and Andi in on the weekend and they decided they would fly up and spend it with us - without Michelle's knowledge!  We were a little bit nervous a) about pulling it off and b) that Michelle wouldn't like it since she seemed adamant about NOT celebrating, but we decided to go for it and began to feel even more at ease when Michelle mentioned she loved surprises.

Worley and Andi flew in on the 10th..the day before Michelle's birthday and scheduled arrival.  I met Jenifer & Andi for dinner that night and then we ran some errands and headed back to my place for a serious night of crafting!  The girls were awesome to help get the place decorated for Michelle's arrival!

I am loving printables that I find online and found some in a color scheme and with graphics that I thought fit Michelle so well!

Sign on my front door

Birthday banner upon entry into the apartment

Another birthday banner over the Armoire

Close-up of the Birthday banner details

Flowers (smelled so good!) in a vase with
more coordinating decor

Another birthday sign we stuck in a frame of mine

More details of the super fun birthday extravaganza to come!

1 comment:

jessica said...

How sweet and cute! I'm loving printables right now too! Which sites do you like? Wildolive.blogspot has some cute ones.