Etsy craft night. Mindy and I grabbed dinner at Five Guys (Burgers & Fries!) and then went over to Southstreet Seaport for an evening of nautical crafting. We did an embroidery project and Etsy provided all the supplies. I had no idea, but embroidery takes forever!! I didn't get very far that night and swore I would finish it at home, but I still have not picked it back up. Maybe on some cold winter night I will get back to it.
They even gave us a gift bag (and we didn't pay a penny
for ANYthing). So nice! Yarn, fabrics, thread, buttons!
I hope to do more Etsy craft nights. We had fun
crafting away and really enjoyed chatting with the
other 3 ladies sitting at our table.
Lucy's & Jessica had a rooftop party. I met
Stacy, Mindy, and Hillery for dinner at Dogmatic
beforehand for some yummy sausages.
Party, complete with DJ
Stacy and I
Sorry for the blur! Hillery, Angela, me and Amanda!
I met Rosella and Kianti for lunch at the Boat Basin one lovely Saturday. Thankfully, the weather stayed lovely the whole time we were there...unlike last time when I went with Jessica and a random and sudden storm blew in!
Subway tour w/ Robyn. Robyn moved away :( After 10-years in NYC, she still had things to mark off her list of to-do's! She really wanted to take a tour of the oldest subway tunnel in the WORLD, so I joined in. It's located in Brooklyn and hasn't been used for many years now. To get to it, you have to climb down a man-hole in the middle of a very busy street. That was probably the most exciting part!!
Down goes Robyn!
Down goes Susan!
We had to make our way through
this little narrow section
Then crawl through this little hole
Then down a bunch of stairs
And finally into the main part of the tunnel,
along with a ton of other people
Self-portraits are bad.
On our way back out!
I had my old Community Group over for brunch one last time. I made goat cheese scrambled eggs, butter horns, a spinach/strawberry salad, and a fruit salad. Yumm-o!
Hillery, Erin W., Robyn, Kim, myself, Jen!
Mallorie and Erin G. couldn't make it :(
We'll stop there for now, but there's still lots more to come! Stay tuned, friends!














2 comments:
Love the idea of Etsy crafting randomly in the city. They need to do that in other cities!
neat tour!
also, I love the way that you can get so excited by anything free. i mean, I do too, but then there's this part of me that's like, wait - I didn't even need fabric, buttons or yarn, and now I have this stuff cluttering my house. you are so positive, susan.
Post a Comment