So, mom was here in NYC from Thursday to Wednesday, minus the 2 days we spent in Connecticut. I worked while she was here so she had to go-it-alone during the days, but we had fun at night! Here are some things we did:
-- went to the Guggenheim. We had been before, but she wanted to go again. They are under a major change in exhibits, so it wasn't the best time to go. We were able to get through what little there was to see very quickly.
-- Explored the UES on foot for hours! We saw the reservoir, lots of celebrity homes, the 92nd Y (which is something I need to stay on top of...they have lots of cool speakers and events), and ate at the cutest restaurant - Square Meal. We just happened upon this restaurant, it was on a very, very quiet street with gorgeous homes (including Blythe Danner's). It was in the basement of a brownstone and was so clean and cute. It was full of older people who all probably lived right nearby...I felt like I had left Manhattan for dinner! The food was excellent!
--Dinner at Lombardi's Pizza. One of the best pizza restaurants in NYC. This one is in Little Italy. It's good, but I think I've decided that I'm partial to Grimaldi's in Brooklyn. Afterwards, we shared a dessert across the street at Rice to Riches. This place serves Rice Pudding in tons of different flavors with different toppings. We had the vanilla with graham crackers on top - so yummy!
-- WICKED! Mom finally got to see Wicked, the musical. She's been wanting to see it forever, but it is really hard to get tickets because it often sells out months in advance. We got lucky this time! I had already seen it in Dallas, but wanted to see it on Broadway. It was really good! Such a cute story!
-- Dinner at Carmine's - great family style Italian restaurant that we took mom to a few years ago when we came for her birthday before I moved up. Food is good, but you really need more than 2 people to go to that place - portions are enormous!!
It was so great to have my mom in town - can't wait for next time!
1 comment:
I am so jealous of the amazing restaurants you have in NYC! I can't wait to come back!
Post a Comment