Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What's a Girl to Do (or wear)?

Today I was invited to a major red carpet/black-tie/celebrity filled event that is in a couple of weeks. I am SO excited, but have some major shopping to do! I really do not think that I currently own anything that is black-tie appropriate. Anyway, I am super excited!! It is the Annual Women in Sports Foundation Gala and Awards ceremony, held at the Waldorf Astoria. The NHL purchased a table and I somehow got on the invite list. I don’t really know the other NHL ladies attending, so I’m a bit nervous about navigating such a big event solo, but I hope it will end up being fun – I need to work on building some relationships among other departments at work anyway. I searched online and found out that last year Ann Curry was one of the hosts and people like Sheryl Crow and Holly Hunter were there and, of course, lots of sporting stars like Michelle Kwan and Natalie Coughlin. I found the list of award nominees for this year and Nastia Liukin is one of them – I’d love to see her! But, what will I wear?!? It’s on a Tuesday right after work, so that further complicates the situation. Black-tie attire isn't really appropriate for my office either.

Okay, so I know I’m way behind on my blogging. Even my sister has nagged me about it – she NEVER even looks at my blog. Apparently she didn’t think she’d talked to me in a month and instead of calling me, she actually went to my blog and was disappointed I hadn’t blogged since Sept 18th. I’m sure I’ve talked to her in the last month (I’ve definitely talked to her son), but it probably hasn’t been as often lately. It’s okay though because my mom apparently lost her mind and scheduled 3 trips back-to-back and is out of town for about the next 3 weeks. Beth has assured me that I will get my fill of sister phone calls while her primary partner-in-crime is out of town. Anyway, I’ve got some catch-up blogs in the works, will post soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love getting dressed up!!! Did I invite you to Rue La La? If you knew ahead of time I'm sure you could find something on there not very expensive. But you DO live in NYC - home to EVERYTHING. Wish I could go shopping with you! Can't wait to hear about the evening and see pics of what you pick!

Tonya

Susan said...

I don't buy clothes online. When I try on clothes at the store, 9 times out of 10 I don't end up liking them, so there's no way I'd try to buy something w/o trying it on.