I'm behind on my blogging! I spent a total of 11 days back in New York after my Holiday trip to Dallas. Those 11 days were filled mostly with work. I had catch-up to do, plus preparation knowing I was soon leaving town again. I worked late several nights. But, it wasn't ALL work. Here are a few other things I managed to do:
* My Community Group started back up. We've met twice now and we're off to a good start on reading our Bibles daily. I'm using a "One Year Bible" I bought a year ago when I tried to do it on my own and didn't make it very far. Basically, it has you read a little of the Old Testament, a little of the New Testament, a little of Psalms, and a little of Proverbs each day. By the end of the year, you've read each of those 4 parts straight-through one time. I am typing up a calendar that goes along with my book that the other girls are following. Each week, we're each writing down our favorite verses from each of the 4 parts to share when we come together. I'm really enjoying it so far!
* Friday and Saturday night I had parties at bars to go to. I don't really enjoy bar parties, but these were okay and had good purposes so I didn't want to miss them. Friday was a party at Red Sky in the Murray Hill-ish area. This party was for my old Community Group leader, Michelle, who is moving to London. I'm a little jealous of this new adventure she's taking! Saturday night was my friend, Evan's, birthday party at a bar right in my neighborhood - Rudy's. Evan and I worked a total of 1 day together at The Journey. His first day was my last (he has, of course, also since left the staff). Even though we worked only 1 day together, we knew each other before that day from when he would volunteer. After I left he became close with a couple of my good friends - Kristin & Joy so I would see him out with them. Anyway, I hadn't seen him in a while and it was nice to catch-up and see some other folks I haven't seen lately.
* Tried out a new gym - Gold's Gym. My current membership at Equinox is about to be up. We get a discount there through the NHL, but it is still expensive. I did some research and realized Gold's would be about 1/2 the price (even without a discount)! So, I went to check it out. I hated it. It just seemed dirty and old and had sketchy people there. If nothing else, it made me realize how much I love Equinox. So I guess I'm sticking with the higher price for another year.
* Sunday was church. We just changed locations for the evening service and are meeting in a REAL church! It was so pretty and huge and nice to be in a church environment instead of a hotel, school, or other auditorium. After church, I met with our pastor and one of the other staff to discuss starting up a children's ministry for the evening service. I'm going to help coordinate volunteers and weekly set-up for that. I am excited to take on a bigger role at the church!
So, that pretty well sums up the jist of my 11 days in New York. I'm now in Whistler with the family. I head straight from here to Atlanta for the All-Star game. Probably won't get around to blogging about the trip until I get home, so be on the watch next week for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment