I have spent New Years Eve with the same group (give or take a few people) since the year it turned 2001 when we rang in New Years Eve for the first time together in
Las Vegas. Since then, we've gotten more and more relaxed and less exotic than Vegas. I kind of like low-key New Years as they always turn into a big disappointment when you try to plan something big....plus, we could never top that trip to Vegas! And then there's the fact that some of us have started families and adjustments must be made when 2-year-
olds and pregnant ladies are involved! This year, we spent the evening at Amanda's house. We did make-your-own pizzas and everyone brought different appetizers, desserts and wine. We did lots of catching-up and played a couple of games. My friends always bring their dogs whenever we get together - they like to play together. I forgot this fact when Jessica asked if Amanda has pets and poor Jessica really struggled with her allergies!! Otherwise, it was a good night, but it seemed to go by much faster than normal! Probably because we all usually spend the night together, but this year Jessica and I left shortly after midnight since we had to be up early to get to the Cotton Bowl...more on that in the next post!
Jessica & I celebrating New Years! (Notice Tonya, the poser, in the background)

Amanda, our hostess, with her adorable daughter, Sophie, who ALMOST made it to midnight. I hadn't seen Sophie since before I moved to NYC and they moved to England (they're moved back to Dallas).

Kylie, also adorable, and possibly the most dramatic 2-year-old I've ever met. She's got some awesome facial expressions! Great to see her for the first time since last Christmas!

Sean & Tonya - we're all going to Europe this summer!!

Elizabeth, Tamara, and Tonya (posing, yet again)

Todd & Jenn

Elizabeth having fun with sparklers at midnight

Sean & Tonya

Jennifer

Garrett

Although some call me a
pyro (and I do admit to loving fire), I am, oddly enough, scared to death of sparklers!
2 comments:
Susan-you need to post the whole progression of pics of you and the sparklers! Hilarious! Also-that pic of you and me-is that to get me back for my cotton bowl pics b/c I look horrendous!
I don't have the progression of pics - they were all on Jennifer's camera and she hasn't given them to me. I stole this one off her blog, but the others aren't on there!
Post a Comment