- Wednesday was "mom's" day. We went shopping in Southlake. I couldn't believe how the shopping center there has grown. It used to just be a little town-square type of thing and now there are TONS of shops! I didn't find much, but they had all my favorite stores out there. We ate lunch at Snuffers - cheese fries - yum!
- Mom & I also shopped at the Galleria. I got the cutest new coat on sale for a great price!
- Mom, Dad, and I met Beth & Brian and the boys for dinner at Mi Cocina in Highland Park Village. It's my favorite Mexican restaurant. The boys were really fun at dinner!
- Mom and I enjoyed a couple of late night competitions of Sudoku. She's FAST, but she makes mistakes sometimes and that's when I have the opportunity to win!
- Home Tours! I got to take a tour of Michelle's new house - really cute and nice! I also went on a tour of the additions that Kelli & Lee are doing to their house - it's going to be so nice when it's finished! The final tour I went on was to see the nursery Jennifer is putting together for "baby girl"...also cute!
- Michelle, Kelli, and I went to lunch at Breadwinners. I got my old-time favorite Cajun Chicken Salad - delish!
- Dinner with Amber and Julie at The Porch. This is a new place and is supposedly currently the "it" place to go. Amber's always in the know on where to go eat and my sister had been talking about this place as well. It was good and great to catch-up with Amber and Jules!
- Europe planning session with Tonya & Sean at Tonya's house. We got our flights booked! Now we're working on other details!
- Babysat the boys again while B&B had a date night. I took the boys to have dinner with my uncle since I hadn't seen him much. He had gift cards to Dave & Buster's so he took us there. We took the kids to the game room after eating and Ryder loved it! He especially enjoyed the cars - you didn't even have to pay for it, he was happy driving them without it even on! He kept wanting me to sit in the car next to him. "Su-Su, sit down!" he would say....first full-sentence he's uttered with my name in it :) My uncle & I raced cars - I beat him, as usual. I love racing those cars. The crazy part of the evening happened in the car on the way to dinner. We were stuck in rush-hour tollway traffic for a while. Ryder was purposely coughing - he thinks it's funny. Well, apparently he coughed so much he gagged himself and threw up all over himself. Gross!! It wasn't too long until we got to my mom's house to pick her up for dinner and I could clean him up a bit.
- Went to see "P.S. I Love You" with Worley, Andi, and Michelle. This was a really good movie, but I haven't cried that much in a very long time!
- Dinner at El Fenix and a Baylor basketball game at the AA Center in Dallas. They were playing Arkansas...no idea why they got to play at the AA Center. I went with about 8 friends. All Baylor alums, except for Andi who is neither a Baylor nor Arkansas fan. I invited her because I realized it was all her friends going. I wouldn't have invited her had I known what a traitor she is. Jeremy brought her his "hog hat" to wear. I know she's the reason that Baylor lost! Plus, we were all embarrassed to be sitting with her! (It's okay, Andi, we still love you!!) Baylor was ahead most of the game, but ended up losing. I'm still hopeful that this will be a better season for the Bears!
Andi and her stupid hog-head hat. You can't tell in this picture, but I was trying to get into the Baylor Spirit by doing the "Bear Claw"
- Kelli & I went to a late night move - Atonement. We didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. It was good to spend time with Kelli and nice that she was able to have a night out on the town away from her 2-year-old!!
- One of my "Christmas wishes" was to meet baby Owen while I was home. It wasn't looking likely for a while. But on my last night in town, his mom, Deanna, my good friend and old roommate, called me to announce that he had finally made his entrance into the world! I was able to swing by the hospital on Sunday morning for a very short visit. He is adorable and it was great to hold him. I can't wait to spend more time with them when I'm home next.
- Church at PCBC. I opted to go to the contemporary service this time and am glad I did as I enjoyed it very much!
- A final farewell lunch with mom & dad at Sonny Bryan's, a bar-b-q restaurant.
- A stop by "The Dump" on the way to the airport. It's a furniture store that sells discontinued furniture and my mom had been wanting to check it out. Cool store! I could see myself buying stuff there if I ever move back to Dallas.
It was a GREAT trip home. Sixteen days of getting to spend time with good friends and family without having to work was such a blessing!
4 comments:
Great. I had just decided I'd found a movie I wouldn't mind seeing (PS I love you) but now - NOPE. No tear jerkers. Granted, I figured it was a bit, I mean the premise tells you there's some sadness, but "haven't cried that much in a very long time" ~ uh, unless you haven't shed a single tear in a very long time and this caused a few sniffles, then it's very likely I don't need to see it because I'll be marred for life. Or at least unable to function for an extended period of time. I don't take movies well. I still haven't seen the Passion of the Christ because I'm too nervous I'll go into a depression. I still get mad about that whole stupid Message In a Bottle movie. I'm waiting for them to drag his body out of the water and him to come back to life and marry the stinking girl. And Titanic? Yeah, I've decided that if I watch it again, it's a two part VHS and the first part cuts off right as they pass the iceberg, before the bad stuff happens. I like the first part. I just won't watch the second part anymore... I never did like the whole Titanic Heaven scene at the end anyway. And don't get me started on Gremlins...I'll start having nightmares again.
It really was a good movie! When it ends, you don't feel sad and kind of hopeful, so that's a good thing. I HATE movies that end sad.
Whenever I think of you and movies, I always think of your fear of The Gremlins :)
Your trip has been so much fun to read about, but it also makes me feel a bit exhausted... How did you accomplish all of this?
I did get a lot done! But, I didn't blog about all the mornings I slept in until 10:00am or took afernoon naps :) I even fit a few runs in there which helped my energy level a lot!
Post a Comment