Friday, March 31, 2006

Just in the Nick of Time

I turned in my resignation at Winstead this week...turns out I'm getting out of here just in the nick of time. I was so nervous going into my manager, Gwen's, office to tell her. One of the other accountants, Jennifer, just left 2 weeks ago. Gwen, Jennifer and I are pretty well cross-trained on things, but no one else really knows our stuff. And there are a few things that I do that no one else knows much about at all. When Jennifer left, I pretty much acquired almost all her stuff. I knew when I left, all the stuff for both of us would fall into Gwen's lap and I was feeling pretty guilty about it. Except, that's not what's going to happen. Gwen responded so enthusiastically about my New York adventure. Genuinely excited for me and the job up there which she agreed sounded like the perfect fit for me. And then, Gwen proceeded to tell me that she, too, had just turned in her resignation. HOLY CRAP!! Thank goodness I'm out of here. I know I would not want to be doing my job, Jennifer's job, AND Gwen's job. Gwen will be gone the Friday before me, so I guess I'll have to put up with it for a week, and it is right when we're putting together month-end financials, but I can handle that for the short time. I'm just glad I'm going. I have NO idea what Winstead will do without all three of us. The situation looks almost impossible to me.

I just recently did a Bible Study lesson that has helped me to not feel so guilty about this situation or worried about what I'm doing to the people I'm leaving behind here. We were studying Genesis and the story of Abraham. Abraham had two son's...Isaac and Ishmael. Isaac was the long-waited for son of his wife Sarah. Ishmael was the son of Haagar, Sarah's helper. When Abraham thought it was impossbile that Sarah was ever going to become pregnant, Sarah told him to sleep with Haagar and have a son through her. Haagar resented Sarah for this and later, Ishmael resented Isaac. The Lord told Abraham to send Ishmael away so that they wouldn't all have to live under such strife. Abraham felt horrible sending his own son away, but the Lord reassured him that when you are doing what He asks of you and are living in His will, He will take care of those who are affected. God did take care of Ishmael and Haagar-- He provided for their needs and blessed them in many ways.

So, that's what I have to trust right now. I know that going to work at The Journey is exactly where God wants me to go right now, so I'm trusting He'll take care of my co-workers and provide for them in ways that seem unimaginable right now.

No comments: