Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's Happening

So, it's for real now. I am going to be a New Yorker! The Journey offered me the job, and I accepted immediately. I am SO excited that I found this opportunity in New York. Like I told John (the guy who will be my direct boss and who offered the position to me), this job is really better than anything I expected to find. Plus, it was SO easy. I don't know why, but all my jobs since college have almost seemed to sort of fall in my lap. I thought this would be a longer, harder search, especially with doing it from so far away, but I guess God already had this one figured out for me. The timing isn't exactly what I had planned, but in a lot of ways it has worked out perfectly. I have never prayed harder than I have about this and I really have felt God's guidance throughout this process and that makes it so much easier to drop everything and move-- in LESS THAN 4 WEEKS!!

I think with being put immediately into this type of community, it will make my whole New York experience totally different than if I had ended up with another corporate job. I'll be surrounded by people with similar interests and common goals, morals, beliefs, etc... Because I'll be working at the church, I'll probably get involved in some things I wouldn't have otherwise. I think it's going to be a blast! Part of me feels like I'm going to summer camp! But, this'll be a little more permanent than camp.

No comments: