April 9, 2006
I’m going to start dating these things because I never seem to get them posted to my blog when I actually write them, so this way I don’t confuse people.
Tonight was my going away party. My sweet friends, Jennifer and Todd, have become our unofficial party hosts for most occasions and this was no different. We had a nice little bar-b-que and people brought wonderful sides and desserts to go with it. My family came and many of my friends. You can see some pictures from the party by going HERE.
Tonight made me so sad. I am so excited about my move and my new job and have no doubt in my mind that I’m doing the right thing. I have had such a peace throughout the entire process and know that this is exactly where God wants me to go right now. But, it doesn’t make it any easier to leave my friends here. I have been BLESSED beyond anything I could ever have imagined for myself with my friends here.
It is such a strange move for me. Every other major move I’ve made-- from Columbia to Waco, then Waco to Dallas-- were a lot easier because I wasn’t only going to somewhere I chose to go, but I was also really ready to leave behind where I was. Not that there weren’t people I was sad to be leaving, but when I moved from Columbia, I was 18 and had lived there most of my life and was really ready to get out and experience another place. That summer I left for college wasn’t the best and I was ready to just leave when the time came. Then, when college was over, I graduated a semester late, while all but about 1 of my closest friends had graduated at least on time, most early. Plus, I really struggled throughout my entire college experience and, unfortunately, can’t say it was the time of my life. So, I was really ready to get out of Waco when that last semester came to an end.
This move is so different from either of those. I LOVE Dallas. I love the weather. I love the shopping and restaurants. I love my church. I love that my family is here. I love, love, love my friends here. Saying goodbye tonight was HARD. I don’t want to leave Dallas. I don’t want to leave my friends. My friends here are awesome. They are super fun and funny. They will be spontaneous and crazy and silly with me. They love to try new restaurants and go explore new places with me. They’ll pull pranks with me. We watch our favorite TV shows together. We spend all the "minor" holidays (New Years, 4th, Labor & Memorial Day) together. They’ve traveled the world with me. But, they are also honest with me and will hold me accountable and will pray with me and for me. They are amazing and I have wondered more than once if I am being foolish to leave such a good thing.
But, that doesn’t take away this desire I’ve had for a while to live in New York. It doesn’t take away the excitement I have for the job I’ve taken at The Journey. I feel good about the decisions I have made and know I am going to have an amazing experience. But, leaving Dallas still makes me super sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment