My main goals were to get some sun and hang out with my family. As usual, we managed to fit in quite a bit of fun. Here is what the weekend held:
-- Lots of pool time on Saturday, Sunday and a little more on Monday. The boys were usually out there with me and Beth was in the pool quite a bit as well. It was very hot, so we couldn't lay out, but had to be in the pool at all times. The boys are fun to play with and Beth has a couple of good rafts to lounge on if you can sneak a few minutes away from the rowdiness of the 3 and 5 year-olds.
These boys love to JUMP!
-- Birthday Lunch! My mom and sister pulled together a very spontaneous/impromptu birthday party for me. So sweet! We had a yummy lunch followed by Nothing Bundt Cakes. They were sooo good! Mom got 4 flavors and we split them all - carrot cake, red velvet, chocolate, and lemon. I can't say which was best - they were all delish! I also got some fun and very generous gifts!
-- A bike ride. Brian, Ryder, and I went on a bike ride Saturday afternoon and it was so fun, but my bum is not used to being on a bike. I realllyyy want a bike in NYC. I think I would put it to good use and even ride it to work!
-- Evening with the boys. Beth cancelled her babysitter for Saturday night so I could hang out with the boys instead. We swam some more and then went and got chick-fil-a for dinner. They had trouble going to sleep that night and it didn't help that the doorbell rang and when they came out of their bedroom to see who was there I was talking to a policeman! He stopped by to tell us that the back to Kay Kay's mini-van was open...oops! I have a feeling Beau's little finger pressed the button to open it when he was playing with her keys earlier in the evening.
Sheppy was there, too!
-- Estate Sale shopping. We went to some estate sales on Saturday and found nothing. We went back to one on Sunday so my mom could see if they still had some curtains at the 2nd day price...they were gone, but I found a few things this round that I am very excited about...pics to come as soon as I get some re-decor photos taken!
-- Dinner/drinks with girlfriends. On Saturday night after the kids went to bed (and they'd settled down from the police action), I was on FB and a guy I knew from college had posted a Shaved Ice with Spirits from LaGrange in Deep Ellum. I knew I had to have one! So, I texted Andi and we put a plan in motion. Luckily, all the Bachelor/ette girls were able to meet up with us on Sunday night. It was so fun to see everyone and the Shaved Ice was as good as I'd hoped it would be!
Funny that us Bachelor/ette watchers
ended up at a place where Wes was on the calendar!
We talked to the waitress about him and she said
he cancelled because he was making
crazy demands they wouldn't meet.
-- Eat, Pray, Love with mom. LOVED it. I was surprised I liked it as much as I did. I actually want to see it again and I am not the type who watches movies over and over.
-- Lunch and shopping with mom. We went to Celebrity, one of my old favorite lunch spots. We were SO disappointed. My mom's sandwich was not made the same way they used to make it. The fruit that came with my chick salad was ALL melon. I hate melon and they used to never use melon at all! It was a sad, sad day. We hit up some fun shops afterwards to make up for it. I got another little something for my apartment make-over and then we went to The Cultured Cup to see if I could get some of my favorite tea. Unfortunately, they were out of my flavor- it's a French brand that is sold in very few stores in the US (in fact I think that may be the only one). I was disappointed, but bought another flavor instead and hope it is as good! Hot tea in the afternoon at work is what gets me by some days.
It was a great weekend and I am SO glad I went and I think my family was too!

1 comment:
Looks like you definitely got some sun! Glad you had a good time and got to spend time with your family.
Post a Comment