Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hey, Hey, it's my Birthday!

It was rainy and cold and I had to work on my birthday.  Not fun.  But, I made up for it that night at drinks and dinner with friends at The Jane.

We started out with drinks in the bar/lounge...one of my favorite places in NYC! (Most pictures courtesy of my friend, and food-blogger extraordinaire, Amanda).

After drinks and everyone's arrival, we walked (across the hall) to Cafe Gitane for dinner.  It was lovely!

Most of us got some of the avocado toast to
share with someone.  It was good, but not great.
 

This is my crazy meal of cous cous with a
huge mound of hummus on top!  Ha!  It
was good and I had plenty leftover for
another dinner the next night.
Lucy's salad in the back and Amanda's Salmon
Pot-Pie up front.
The girls made sure I got dessert and
a birthday candle to boot! This was a
chocolate bread pudding and was so good!
We also tried the warm chocolate cake, which was
good, but would have been better with a molten center :)
Some girls from Community Group - Robyn, Jen, Kim
Amanda and Lucy

I am sad I did not get pictures of Hillery, Mallorie, Stacy, or Mindy who were also there.  It was a fun night and I am so very thankful to have friends to celebrate my birthday with!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Susan!
I'm so glad you got to stop by my blog today! Happy Birthday!!
You are entered in my little giveaway. That resturant looks interesting and food..yummy.
Now that you know where I am in blogland..don't be a stranger!