As you can probably already tell, mom and I were really on the go while she was in town. But, the Home tour, Food tour, and Red Carpet sightings were just the tip of the iceberg! I'm pretty sure I wore her out for a good while, but I think she'll be in good shape by the time I visit Dallas in June! So, here's the synopsis of everything else we did during her 2010 trip to NYC:
Her first evening in town, we decided to stay close to home. We went to dinner at Popover Cafe...this was about my 3rd time to eat there in a weeks time after not having eaten there in quite some time. We really enjoyed our salads and popovers, though! Afterwards, we passed a mani/pedi place and spontaneously decided to go. This is a luxury I rarely splurge on since moving to NYC, but it was super fun to do so with my mom! After getting our nails done, we finished out our evening with desserts at Cafe Lalo. I love the organization of this place. Even the way this lavender is situated over their dessert counter makes me happy.
I worked the first day mom was in town and met up with her afterwards for dinner and a show (what else?). We had dinner at Sardi's. This is an old famous restaurant that I thought she would appreciate getting to experience. It's been around for ages and the walls are covered with caricatures of Broadway stars. She was glad to see it, but really one meal there is enough...it's nothing outstanding. We did enjoy our dinner though.
We decided to see "Love, Loss, and What I Wore". This show is based on the book written by Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron. It was really good! It is basically a series of monologues and has a rotating cast. While I loved the cast we got to see I actually think it would be fun to see again with a different cast.
Doris Roberts!
Brooke Shields and Anna Chlumsky
Remember Anna from "My Girl"? She
was such a cute kid and is still so cute.
I loved her in this!
One afternoon, we stopped to smell the tulips
that line Park Avenue every spring.
We spent our Sunday afternoon at the Frick Museum.
It is my favorite that I've been to in NYC and I was
excited to share it with my mom. This is one of
the gardens of the Frick.
We participated in a Tribeca Film Festival screening. It was a documentary about the making of Saturday Night Live. It was really cool to see all that goes into the making of that show each week - pretty amazing, really. After the screening, we were treated to an interview with the director and some of the SNL cast.
LtoR: James Franco (you may know him as an actor,
but he directed this documentary),
Mom found a fake coach purse in Chinatown. I didn't allot much time for this excursion and she made the comment that next time she could use more time there. Ha!
We ate a fantastic dinner at La Esquina in SoHo. This speakeasy-ish restaurant has become one of my favorites. Excellent food and very cool ambiance.
So, obviously, it was a great 5 days with mom. We saw/did/ate so many wonderful things. And, of course, I always love having my mom visit. Can't wait for next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment