Yeah, we're still "Looking Back" here at Suz in New York. I just can't seem to get into blogging this year! So, I'm just going spew at you all the stuff I've been meaning to blog for the past 6 weeks but haven't gotten around to and be done with it!
MLK Day weekend was a great 3-day weekend in the city. I really should spend more of my long weekends here, but I seem to be addicted to leaving town anytime I have an extra day! It was nice to just stay here for once and I stayed quite busy. I went to Kids Club on Saturday and afterwards met Mindy for brunch at Popover Cafe. It was only my second time to eat there which is crazy because it is so close to my apartment. The atmosphere isn't the greatest, but the food is really yummy, especially the popovers!
On Sunday, I met Shera for brunch at Penelope, which is my favorite brunch spot. So cute and good food, too!
After Sunday brunch, I met Rosella and Christina to see "Wishful Drinking", Carrie Fisher's Broadway show. She is crazy and the show was really funny. We enjoyed it and were glad we finally got around to seeing it - it was the very last day of the show!
Carrie Fisher in Wishful Drinking
MLK Monday was the day we went to The View and I continued to stalk John Stossel. Luckily, I don't think he noticed me sitting in the audience. I don't watch The View and was disappointed that John Stossel was the guest that day, but it was still a lot of fun.
Waiting for the show to start with Christina and Rosella
Look at all those lights!
The ladies
Pants on the Ground was the definite highlight
of the show. He was hilarious!!
There he is! The one and only, John Stossel.
Enjoying the show!
Later on MLK day, I met Joy for dinner at a new Taco Bar on the UES. It was really yummy and I'd like to go back and try some of their other tacos. After dinner, we went to the movies to see "It's Complicated". I actually liked the movie better than I thought that I would.
January also included Christina's birthday dinner at Il Vagabondo, an Italian restaurant on the UES. Not only was the food delicious, the restaurant is so cool! It is located on the bottom floor of a brownstone...so quaint. They also have a bocce ball court inside. So fun! We played a round after dinner and it was a blast. I'd love to show you pics, but this was during the time I was without camera and Christina hasn't shared hers yet!
My book club met to discuss "The Little Stranger". I liked this book for the most part. It got a bit slow in the middle, but the beginning and end were good. We met at Barrio Chino...awesome Mexican food on the LES.
No comments:
Post a Comment