Saturday, December 05, 2009

Recipe Roulette

My friend, Maggie, came up with the idea to play a little game of Recipe Roulette here in the blog world. I've had fun reading the other recipes this week and can't wait to try them. Today, it's my turn to post!

Salmon w/ Broccoli (or whatever veggie you so choose)

Ingredients:
Salmon (this recipe is suited for 1lb of salmon, adjust as necessary)
Salt
2 t olive oil
1.5 t mustard
1.5 t honey
Fresh Broccoli (any sized bunch)
I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray
Garlic Powder


Start by placing your salmon filet on a cookie sheet.  I line my sheet with two sheets of foil to make clean-up easy.  Sprinkle salt over filet and pour olive oil over.  Next, pour mustard and honey over filet and spread over the filet entirely.

Take your broccoli and break into smaller florets and spread around filet on the cookie sheet.  (You can really use any veggie here).  Spray with a little I Can't Believe it's Not Butter and sprinkle a bit of salt and garlic powder over the florets.

Your cookie sheet should look a little like this before placing in the oven:


Bake the salmon filet and broccoli at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven.  I serve this dish with rice...I prefer Uncle Ben's Ready Rice in Whole Grain because it's quick, easy, and yummy!  This meal is light, yet filling and quite tasty.  Enjoy!


Also, take a look at the other players of Recipe Roulette this week:

Maggie shared her Asparagus Quiche recipe
Kelly shared her Whole Wheat Penne Pasta w/ broccoli and Turkey Sausage recipe (her blog is private, but you can find the recipe, here)
Kate shared her Vegetable Enchiladas
and Ann shared her Shepherd's Pie

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm excited to try this. And I really like the pictures you provided... looks delicious!

Kate said...

wow, Susan -- pictures, too! I'm impressed with this.