Thursday, October 02, 2008

So much to blog, so little time!

Okay, I’ve got to get with the blogging! As I sat down trying to figure out where I last left off, I realized I’ve got a lot to catch-up on! Here are some fun things I’ve been doing the last couple of weeks!

Two Fridays ago, I went on a road trip to Connecticut to the Baylor/UConn game. Such a fun time! I went with the NYC Baylor alum group. There was also a large group there that traveled up from Texas to do a NYC trip and go to the game. They had a big tailgate that we joined in on. Baylor lost, but it was a close game throughout, so lots of fun. I really enjoyed the group I went with – especially the 4 other people in my car. We had a blast and laughed a lot! It was a long day – I took off work and we met up around 3:00 in the afternoon at the car rental place and then we didn’t get home until after 3:00AM!!

Bruiser!

Shannon (NYC alum club pres) and I with Bruiser

Bruiser and the rowdy UConn fans sitting behind us

A new lady at church, Danise, had a group of ladies over to her place for brunch. So fun and some great get-to-know-ya time. I told Danise I’m really impressed with her for making such an effort to get to know people. She just recently moved up from Texas.

Shake Shack with Christina, Rosella, and Courtney! I had not been all summer and Chris & Ro had never been. I love the Shake Shack and it was the most perfect Sunday afternoon to sit in the park enjoying our yummy burgers & shakes. We met some famous dogs while there. Apparently, their biggest claim to fame is as 2 dogs on a Sex In the City episode. They were hilarious dogs named Buster and Biscuit. Their owner chatted with us forever!

Christina and I went to see crazy David Blaine doing his hanging stunt in Central Park. It was a total let-down. They said he’d be hanging upside down for 60 hours. Yet, when I arrived, he was standing right-side-up on a crane having his vitals checked. Apparently he did that every hour or so and it took a long time, so that’s a lot of time knocked off the 60 hours. Then, when he finally went back to hanging, he had all these contraptions, pulleys, and levers that allowed him to lie horizontal in the air. I’m sure it wasn’t comfortable, but it wasn’t upside-down! What a crock!

Taking a break

Getting situated

Moving into a horizontal position

Being lowered down to sign autographs for fans

Book club! We read “Friday Night Knitting Club”. There were very mixed opinions on this book among our group. I loved it and hope that it gets made into a movie!! I will admit, it was very predictable, but I still liked it a lot. We met at NoHo Star for dinner because it was mentioned in the book. I’d wanted to go there anyway…it was great food and a fun night! We’re now reading “Thousand Splendid Suns”. I’ve only read the tiny first chapter, but so far so good!

Went to my first hockey game of the season. Rosella and I went to a Rangers game. I really think I could get into hockey if I went more often. The games are really fun and the fans are crazy! This was the first game I’ve gone to where there were a couple of really good fights, too. Excitement!

Fight!!

Lunch in Bryant Park! Some girls from church, mostly in my community group, are starting to meet up for lunch weekly. We all work near each other and decided we needed to take advantage of it! While the weather is still nice, Bryant Park is the perfect spot! Last week there were 5 of us that were able to make it out.

I’ve been doing lots of grocery shopping and cooking! I am loving having my own kitchen without roommates who leave it totally gross all the time. I love going to the farmer’s markets and even made the effort to do a big trip to Trader Joe’s. TJ’s takes a lot of time and patience because of the crowds and lines and a lot of effort getting those groceries home on the subway! It’s totally worth it though – good, inexpensive food!

I have some really exciting things planned over the next 2 weeks, so I will try to stay up-to-date. Stay tuned!

No comments: