So, I know many of you get a kick out of some of the stories I have regarding my roommates. I had another funny conversation with Cathy last night, so I thought I'd share. It actually was a nice conversation and I did enjoy connecting with her for a bit, but this was the "token" odd part that is bound to occur in every conversation with Cathy.
Cathy: "So, I was thinking I might get your advice on something." (For whatever reason, she always asks me advice. She tells me she thinks I'm grounded and spiritually-well. She obviously doesn't know me too well)!
Me: "Sure, what's up"?
Cathy: "Well, there's kind of this guy at church. I really thought he might be 'the one'. I have a list of all the criteria I'm looking for and he matched EVERY single one of them."
Me: "Really? Wow!"
Cathy: "Yeah, and he seemed to be interested and was pursuing me (she went into a little more detail here). The thing is, he has a serious girlfriend."
Me: "Um, maybe you need to revise your list of criteria. You know, to exclude cheaters." (Okay, I wasn't quite that blunt, but that's basically what I said and definitely what I was thinking).
Cathy: "(Laughs) Yeah, maybe that's true".
2 comments:
Advice? What kind of advice did she want? How to off the girlfriend?
See, Jessica, that’s the great thing about giving advice to Cathy. I appear to seem really smart, but I’m pretty sure she’s just lacking some common sense. She just wanted advice on what to do about the boy. My suggestion of revising her criteria seemed to satisfy her. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but for some reason it takes her a little while to come to such conclusions.
Post a Comment