So, I have a linked-in profile...not sure when or why I set it up, but it's there. Apparently, if you search for my name on google, my linked-in profile comes up. Tonight, I got a random invitation in my email to "connect" with a guy named Juan via linked-in. My first thought, was to just delete it, but I skim the message quickly and key-words pop out at me like "I googled you" and "Dallas" and even my sister's last name. So, I'm like, okay, this person knows me?? So, I read it more closely and realize that this guy lives in the building next door to me and has the mail my sister sent me a few weeks ago. We'd been wondering what happened to it! She sent it to the wrong building...his apartment # is the same as mine...just one building over! How crazy/nice of him to try so hard to find me and get me my mail! This proves my theory that New Yorkers really ARE nice people! And reminds me that I don't think I ever blogged my cell-phone story from December....
It was the night before I was to fly to Dallas for my Sweet Sixteen days. I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping (talk about procrastination) and I left my cell phone....somewhere. I had no idea which store I had left it at and by the time I realized, most the stores were closing. I went to my office to use the phone there and try to track it down, with no luck. I called my mom to tell her the situation, knowing she would be expecting to hear from me that night with my flight info. About 11:00 that night, I'm in my bedroom packing and my computer is up and I notice I have new emails....one from my mom saying that my cousin, in west Texas, knows where my cell phone is and to call her...the email says it's at some market with a guy who will be there until 1:00am. That was enough information for me to know I'd left it at CHELSEA market, where I'd bought a few things that night. I headed straight down there. The security guard wouldn't let me in, but he did let me use his cell phone to call Nicole....who told me to just call my own phone cause the dude who found it was answering it. So, I call the guy and he tells me to go around the corner to a side-door where he is. It was a little scary...down a really dark, secluded street where a guy I knew nothing about was waiting for me. I found him...he hardly spoke English, but was the sweetest guy. I had a $20 bill in hand to thank him with...because, really, he could have just stolen it and in my opinion deserved to be thanked for being a good guy, but he absolutely would have none of that. New Yorkers ARE nice!
1 comment:
WOW!!! That's an awesome story!
Tonya
Post a Comment