Monday, November 05, 2007

TRAINING - WEEK 6

This past week was one of my favorite times to run in Central Park. Because of the marathon on Sunday, there was lots of activity going on in the park with people getting things ready. I love to run through the empty bleachers, imagining them filled with cheering spectators, and across the finish line. During my run on Sunday, I ended up in the mess of a crowd that was out for the marathon. I got to see some of the runners running their last 1/2 mile. These were people who would be crossing the finish line close to 8 hours after starting. They were all jogging and still actually looked pretty strong. It was inspiring to watch them.

It's now less than a month until my 15k. Here's my training update for the week!

Sunday - extended stretching & yoga
Monday - ran 5 miles
Tuesday - 20 minutes biking / strength training
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - ran 4 miles
Friday - 20 minutes biking / strength training
Saturday - ran 3 miles

1 comment:

The mama said...

Sadly, my training schedule would look like this:
Sunday - Rest (it's the Sabbath, right?)
Monday - get up early enough to exercise, grab a cup of coffee, go outside, get the paper, huh, look at that headline - dog pack attacks a couple of states away, better check that out - back inside.
Tuesday - get up not as early, stretch, realize I forgot to start the coffeepot the night before, wait for it to perk, out of time for exercise.
Wednesday - take planned rest
Thursday - realize I probably shouldn't have coffee before I exercise, go outside, run towards the mailbox, realize I forgot to get the mail the day before, decide to grab it and run it inside first, glance through it - hey! I could already be a millionaire! Decide to check that out...
Friday - wake up late from exhaustion of waking up early previous days...
Saturday - I ran on Thursday, right? To the mailbox and back? That should do it. I'm sleeping in.
Sunday - day of Rest again.