- On Thanksgiving, after the parade, we went to lunch at Garage in Greenwich Village. It was a nice restaurant with jazz music and they had a 3-course price-fixed meal that day. It was good – my favorite parts were the brie I got for the appetizer and the pumpkin-crème-brulee. Although, the turkey was pretty good as well.
- Thanksgiving was a long event-filled day. We also went to a bar near my house and watched the Cowboys game (with Jets fans, of course). The Cowboys were winning pretty good, so we left early and went to see a movie. We saw “August Rush”. It was okay, but pretty far-fetched and I never like that in a movie.
- Friday, we got up and went to Clinton Street Bakery – I’ve been dying to go there! It was good. Their biscuits that came with our eggs were especially good!
- I was on a mission to find something for making my own Christmas cards this year. We went to the Garment District where you can find every kind of craft store imaginable. I especially enjoyed the bead stores – Michelle even put together her own necklace for a whopping $8. I will have to go back there and make my own!
- We went to the NHL store so I could buy my new Reebok tennis-shoes. I’ve already run in them and like them quite a bit, I think!
- We shopped at Tiffany so Michelle could get a gift. It was madness shopping in Tiffany and walking around 5th Avenue. Crowds of people everywhere.
- Friday is free-night at the MOMA, so we went there for a while. They mostly have really weird “art”(?) that made laugh! But, there are also some cool paintings (i.e. Starry Night is there).
- The Symphony at Lincoln Center. I love seeing anything at Lincoln Center. The setting is just so beautiful. This was my first time to see the New York Philharmonic (other than seeing their concerts in the park, which are an entirely different, yet still awesome experience). They were extraordinarily good and so animated, making them more fun to watch.
- Cocktails and dessert at the Rainbow Room. This was a great experience. It was my first time, since moving here, to go up in any of the really tall buildings at night. The view was gorgeous (same building as Top of the Rock, but a few floors down). It was fun and a good experience, but cocktails there are ridiculously overpriced!
- Saturday was another terrific brunch. This time at Penelope’s, another place I hadn’t tried. I loved it. Very cute, extremely good service, and great food! We split eggs that were scrambled with feta and asparagus…great combination! And we also split the Nutella filled French toast, which was as good as it sounds. Brunch comes with free drinks and we each had the apple-cider mimosa…great twist on the original!
- We had a lot of fun shopping at the Holiday Market in Grand Central Station. I was excited to have found the cutest baby gifts for all these people I know having babies over the next 2 months! I managed to shop for myself some, too, and got a really cool new ring that I’m very excited about. I also ended up with a necklace that I’m afraid I’ll never actually wear. I wonder if I can return it?
- Took in the fall foliage at Central Park.
- Went to the Billy’s Bakery for yummy cupcakes. I hadn’t been to this one in a while and it was great! I especially enjoyed listening to the two 14(ish)-year-old girls we shared our table with. NYC children intrigue me greatly.
- Ate dinner at Casellula – a wine & cheese restaurant that opened up several months ago next door to my apartment. I still hadn’t been yet, but it’s always packed full of people! We enjoyed wine, cheese for an appetizer, and split their mac & cheese and a sandwich. All of which was delicious!
- I made Michelle indulge me on Saturday night by getting home early so I could watch the big MU/KU game. It was a good game with a great outcome! Go Tigers!
- Sunday afternoon, we went to tea in The Rotunda at The Pierre Hotel. It is a gorgeous room to have tea in. And, it was fun to have my first traditional tea experience since moving to NYC! This picture is from last year...their Christmas tree is not up yet this year, but you get an idea of what the painted Rotunda looks like. 
A fantastic Thanksgiving weekend, for sure!
1 comment:
I want to know what the 14-year old conversation was like :-)
Post a Comment