I never got around to blogging about my events last week! On Monday night, I had my first “gig”. I helped out at an event my teacher’s company was working on. Usually, her company does entire events…from creation to production. However, for this event, they were doing décor only. The event was held at the Crowne Plaza Suites in Times Square and was the 10th Annual Gala for the National Business Travel Association. There were representatives there from all the major airlines, hotels, travel websites, etc… The main part of the décor was that all the tables and bars were illuminated in blue. It looked really cool once it was all put together. We had a lot of down-time during the event, but they had a cocktail reception room we helped set-up, as well as the main ballroom where they were served dinner. Then, while dinner was going on, we moved everything from the reception room to another area where they had dessert and drinks after dinner. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the work as well as the people who were there from my teacher’s company.
A "high-top" table at the Cocktail Reception

The bar at the Cocktail Reception

The main dining room

Flower centerpieces

Dinner Table

The appetizer

One of the bars in the dessert area

Another bar in the dessert area

More high-tops in the dessert area

On Tuesday night, the Ringling Bros, Barnum & Bailey circus came to town. The circus still travels everywhere by train, but since all our train stations are underground, the elephants can’t get out! So, they walk the elephants into town from a station in Queens. It’s a big deal every year to go watch the elephants march into town. I met Joy and a couple of other people to witness the event ourselves. We had to wait for quite a while and then it only took about a minute for the elephants to walk by—too quick! Also, they don’t get into Manhattan until after midnight, so it was a late night. But, it was still fun and I’m glad to be able to say I saw it!



My friends Andi and Jennifer (aka Worley) have been here the past few days...look for a blog about our adventures coming soon!
2 comments:
How fun!
So do you have to help with your teacher's events since you are in the class? Or did you volunteer to do that? Everything looks beautiful!
We're supposed to volunteer at one event at any time during the semester. It can be one of hers or something else. I felt lucky to be able to do one of hers as the spots are limited. I think she's really good at what she does, so the more I can learn from her, the better!
Post a Comment