Monday, April 09, 2007

The Oscars...almost

I'm postponing my blog of my Easter trip to Dallas for 2 reasons: 1)I'm waiting to receive some super cute pics of the boys from my sister and 2)I had a big night tonight and can't wait to blog about it!

I attended my first red carpet event tonight!! I managed to find some cheap tickets ($40!) to the Film Society of Lincoln Center's annual Gala Tribute and the honoree was none other than Diane Keaton. It was quite possibly the most exciting thing I've ever done and probably the closest thing to going to the Oscars (my dream) that I'll ever get to do! I convinced Joy to go along even though she is not obsessed with celebrities to the level that I am. It was black-tie and it was kind of fun to have a reason to get dressed up. The event consisted of a montage of Diane's films interspersed with speeches from people she has worked with. Tribute speeches were given by Sarah Jessica Parker, Lisa Kudrow, Martin Short, Woody Allen, Steve Martin, Candace Bergen, and Meryl Streep. It was an amazing experience. All the speeches were so thoughtful and funny. Diane gave an acceptance speech at the end that brought her to tears. I loved, loved, loved it!! We didn't get to see most of the celebs up close and our seats weren't that great, but we could still see everyone okay...better than my pictures show. On the way out, I did get to see Meryl very close as she was coming out of the theatre on her way to the dinner (which we opted out of since it was going to cost us an extra $1,200....maybe next year, ha!). Here are my pics...you can see the celebs on the screen, but if you look closely, they're standing in front of the screen!

Sarah Jessica Parker




















Woody Allen




















Meryl Streep




















Martin Short




















Lisa Kudrow




















Candace Bergen




















Steve Martin, who was too animated to get a clear picture!




















Diane Keaton, coming onstage to accept the award




















Steve giving the award to Diane




















Diane giving her acceptance speech




















Seeing Meryl up-close (sorry, bad pic)



















Joy & I at the event!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

WOW!! That is beyond cool! Thanks for posting the pics. And you girls look so pretty all dressed up!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you were so obsessed with the celebs like you say in your blog. I know Mom is obsessed. . .very cool event though.