Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Andi & Worley’s Trip

Jennifer and Andi flew up from Dallas on Friday and stayed until Tuesday. I couldn’t take off work, but enjoyed my time with them on the weekend and in the evenings. This was both of their first trips to the big city. We did a lot of the regular things newbies like to do when they visit…Brooklyn, Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty via Staten Island Ferry, Top of the Rock, Little Italy, cupcake tasting, etc…. We also did a couple of things that were new to even me—we saw the front of the house used in “The Cosby Show” as well as the outside of the apartment complex used in “Friends.” We saw the bull down by Wall Street that I had never found before. We also ate at “Tom’s Diner” from Seinfeld which I had done when I came to NYC the very first time back in 1999, but had not been there since. They suggested Coney Island and it just so happened to be the Opening Day for the season. We were some of the first people to ride the Cyclone roller coaster in 2007! It also happens to be the last season for Astroworld, the amusement park on Coney Island, so there were a lot of media there making a big deal of it. We also got to witness the “Polar Bear Club”. I had read about these guys around New Years. It’s a group of crazy people who go swimming in the ocean at Coney Island on holidays or other big events. This was one of those days. It was quite cold that day and I stuck my fingers in the water to see how cold it was—the water itself wasn’t terribly cold, but as soon as I pulled my hand out, my fingers turned to ice! I don’t know how they did it and they stayed in the water for quite a while! They had a leader who was having them do crazy chants…it was quite interesting to watch!

Monday night was uber-special for me! Completely by coincidence, Jennifer and Andi happened to be here for The Bachelor premiere. Last year, we had talked about them coming up for the finale of the last season and it did not work out, so the fact that they randomly picked this weekend before we even knew when the new season would premiere was very exciting to me!! We used to watch it together with some other girls back in Dallas and I miss those nights a lot! We also had Michelle calling in from Dallas to share her opinions with us. Fun times!

Some pics from the weekend:

Andi & I hanging at Top of the Rock



















Worley and Andi with the Bull of Wall Street



















The Cosby's house!



















Aw, the home of Monica & Rachel



















Last season for Astroland















Wait...is that Ariel? Oh, no, just Andi!



















Those Polar Bears are pretty official



















Crazy Polar Bears!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm adding somthing to our "to do list" when we go up there!! We have to do the cosby's and friends!!!!

Anonymous said...

Susan - I can't believe you didn't mention Miss Coney Island. She was so classy ;)

Bethany said...

I watched the Bachelor, too!! I'm so glad you are watching again this season. I miss our girls' watching parties. Brian just doesn't get as into it as we do. :)