Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Niagara Falls

This past weekend I got to travel to Niagara Falls with my friend, Kristen, and her mom. This was one of the places on my list to visit while I'm living in the New York and I was excited when I discovered Kristen also had an interest in going there! We rented a car and left mid-afternoon on Friday and it took us well over an hour to go less than a mile from my apartment to the Lincoln Tunnel that would take us out of the city! I'm glad I don't drive here all the time! Unfortunately, most of our drive that night was in the dark, so we didn't see too much. There were a lot of storms in the area, but we only saw hard rain for a few minutes. However, I drove in the most windy conditions I've ever witnessed-- I kept feeling the car being jerked all over and got pretty scared at one point!! We didn't make it to Niagara until really late and pretty much went straight to bed!

We stayed at a hotel on the American side of the falls, in walking distance of the Rainbow Bridge that you can walk across to get into Canada. That's where we headed first thing on Saturday morning. We spent the entire day in Canada seeing the views from way up high to down low and up close!! You can see my pictures and a narrative of everything we saw and did here.

It was an amazing day! I loved the falls-- they were so beautiful and peaceful, but also very strong and powerful.

Sunday, we got up early to begin the drive back to NYC so Kristen and her mom could catch their flight back home. The drive back was very pretty through up-state New York and Pennsylvania.

It was a quick weekend trip, but so worth it. We had a great time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just thought I'd let you know the Canon side is still reading... we chit chat about your blog off and on! We miss you!

Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...

Such beautiful pictures!! That is a place I would like to visit one day. How is the NHL job going?

Anonymous said...

I've only seen the Canadian falls and only at night. It was nice to see pictures of it during the day - absolutely beautiful!!!

Tonya