Thursday, September 28, 2006

San Genarro Festival, History Boys

Last Friday night, I went with a group down to the San Genarro Festival in Little Italy. It was so crowded-- you just had to push your way through the crowded tiny streets. But, they had awesome Italian food and dessert everywhere. A couple of people had recommended these little corn patties filled with mozerrella and fried...they were delicious! While a bunch of people waited in line for gelato, Joy and I decided to take a ride on the Ferris Wheel. It was really fun, but a never ending ride! The man operating the ride decided first to spend several minutes on his cell phone not paying attention to the ride at all. Then, he walks away from the controls and starts talking to someone down the rode. It was crazy and after a while we were really ready to get off! Our gelato friends had made their way over to the Ferris Wheel by that point and I kept yelling at my co-worker, Courtney, to walk over to the controls and hit the stop button and get us all off! It was really funny! After a little more time walking through the crowded streets, we went and saw the movie "Last Kiss". It was good, but kind of depressing or something. Here are some pictures from the festival:

A view of just one part of the festival from the Ferris Wheel















Joy on the Ferris Wheel



















Okay, so I obviously need some lessons in night
pictures. They come out really dark or when I
use the nighttime setting, they become too blurry.
Anyway, this next picture is of our friends starting
to wonder if we're EVER going to come down! On
the left in all black is Clark who is one of my co-workers,
then Evan, who is the black guy. Next
to Evan is Rachel and in front of Rachel is
Courtney, who is also one of my co-workers.
Then, there's George and the blonde in the
jean jacket on the end is Kristin...George and
Kristin are also co-workers. Kristin just
started about a month ago and sits right next
to me...she is the sweetest and is becoming a
great friend!















This is Clark. All of us who work at The Journey
do not drink because we made a commitment
not to when we took the job. When someone
mentioned that cigar smoking wasn't in the
policy, we all decided it was okay and Clark
took full advantage of it!



















On Tuesday night this week, I went to see a play on Broadway...History Boys. I have heard a ton about it since I moved here and it also won several Tony's this year under the Play category (not to be confused with Jersey Boys which swept in the muscial category). Anyway, History Boys is closing this Sunday and I wanted to see it before then so I bought myself a ticket and went. I really liked it! It's about a bunch of prep school kids who are trying to get into the best colleges in England. I'd like to get the book now and start reading it.

So, that's about it for this week. I have a busy weekend with a church Coffee House tomorrow night, SE and cleaning my apartment on Saturday, then Sunday I have church stuff then company staying with me just for one night. On Monday, I'm meeting up with an old high school acquaintance for dinner and I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments: