So, we finished the NYC cupcake test with a stop at Buttercup Bakery. AND....it won first prize! They had our overall favorite cupcake. Now, we all agreed that Magnolia had the best icing and Beth and my mom thought that Cupcake Cafe had the best cake, but overall creation had to go to Buttercup!
The rest of the weekend was full of more shopping, walking, and eating. We ate brunch one day at CafĂ© Lalo (was in You’ve Got Mail), which was great and we ate lunch another day at the Peanut Butter & Co.-- a restaurant where almost everything on the menu has PB in it! We found what may be my new favorite store—Purdy Girl! I loved it. It looks like a high-end boutique store, but the prices are actually reasonable! I got a cute skirt and a comfy pair of flip-flops and could have probably found more, but knew I didn’t want to have more to move!! Oh, the place we ate on Saturday that I mentioned in my last blog and couldn’t remember the name of was 11 Madison Park—yum!
I moved this week into my new apartment—and this time it should be permanent! I’m not having to sign a lease, so I can get out at any time, but I’ve gone in with the attitude that I’ll probably be there 1 year. I have 2 roommates—found them through another church here in the city. They seem really nice and I think they’ll be easy to live with. My bedroom is TINY!! But, I decided that I wasn’t going to find everything I’m looking for in an apartment and this had almost everything. Our living area is a nice size, so I think it will work out okay. It’s in Manhattan, not on the Upper West side like I hoped, but close. It’s located in Hell’s Kitchen—which is now being referred to as Clinton. Hell’s Kitchen might sound scary, but it’s not. It’s located in mid-town—close to everything!! Times Square, Central Park, Upper West Side, my work, church, etc… There are TONS of restaurants in the neighborhood so it will be fun to explore those. So for all you friends planning trips to visit, I now have a place you can stay!! I’m still hoping to fit my double bed in my room and my couch in the living area and there is lots more room for air mattresses! I bought a nice double sized air mattress this week to sleep on until I get my furniture in about a month. I will be leaving for Dallas in just 3 weeks to wrap up everything there. Yea!!
This week was rough—don’t have any real specific reasons why, but it just seemed like one of those weeks where nothing went right and I kept messing things up! Got on the wrong subway, or didn’t get off when I was supposed to, dropped an iron on the couch at my parent’s friends place and ruined the cushion, and just didn’t feel like myself. You know how it goes sometimes.
Please be praying for a very dear friend of mine and her husband in Dallas who lost a baby last night. It’s been a tough day for me thinking about them and I can’t imagine the grief they are experiencing.
No comments:
Post a Comment