The Ikea trip set me off on the right foot for the week in Texas! So, I've been able to just relax and enjoy my time with people I love. Here's some of the fun stuff I've done:
- Gone to the pool with Ryder twice--he's such a sweet baby. I swear when I saw him today he was excited to see me, so that's a good feeling because 3 weeks from now, he probably won't remember me anymore. The time in the Texas sunshine was great for me, too!
- Spent hours on Saturday watching the last several episodes of Grey's Anatomy with 5 of my girlfriends. So fun! We also went to church together and did lots of chatting and catching-up!
- Ate lunch with my friend, Amanda, who is in town for the summer all the way from Indonesia. It was great to hear about her experiences both in Indonesia and her adjustments to being back here in the States.
- A friend from high school randomly was in town for work so I got to spend some good time with him on Sunday night.
- Ate lunch with my ex-roommate and friend, Kristen, who happens to be a CPA at a church here and gave me some great ideas and contacts for issues I'm dealing with at my new job.
- Spent an entire afternoon with my friend Marsha just talking, listening, and taking lots of advice and gaining from all her wisdom. She's about to have a baby any day, so I also got to see all her fun baby toys, clothes, and the precious room she has put together.
- Spent lunch and a few hours at my friend Kelli's just catching-up and playing with her baby, Gil.
- Had an awesome dinner with Julie and Amber. I'd always wanted to go to Fireside Pies and now that I've moved away, I finally got to go. It was delicious! I was always looking for good pizza in Dallas and this was it!!
Tomorrow, I have brunch with Janet and Michelle and then I need to go back to where all my stuff has been the past couple of months and sort through the little bit that is left there. Tomorrow night is dinner with Deanna and then Shakespeare in the Park with a small group. I never went to Shakespeare in the Park when I lived here and am looking forward to checking it out! Then, Thursday is on to Amarillo and the wedding festivities. I'm looking forward to that as well! Mom and I did some packaging of cookies tonight for the bridal lunch we're hosting on Saturday. I'm looking forward to all the events!
No comments:
Post a Comment