Monday, August 05, 2013

Lunch Box

Sometimes I just don't have enough hours in the day to do a big post, especially one that is going to include lots of pictures to sort through, select, and edit.  So, some days this month, I might just pick 1 single picture and tell the story.  Like yesterday with the NHL cup.

Today, you get the Lunch Box.  I love to try new restaurants, but occasionally, I like to stick ones in my back pocket to reuse over and over again.  I found the Lunch Box early on during my NYC years.  It was just up the street from my first apartment.  I stopped in randomly one day at lunch time and ordered the #10.  Tuna, avocado, swiss, (hold the tomato and sprouts), and a bit of mayo on a baguette.  That sandwich became a staple during my 2 years in that neighborhood.  After I moved uptown, I had to go out of my way to get my beloved sandwich, but I did so on occasion.  So good!

Although my move from NYC seemed somewhat abrupt, looking back, I realize that I was so, so blessed to have an entire month (including 2 weeks that were work-free) to enjoy the city before I left.  During that last month, I had an impossibly long list of all I wanted to do and see and eat.  When I lived there, I always said my list of things to do there was always growing longer, never shorter.  So, my last month there was spent not only knocking off some of those things I'd never done, but also re-visiting some of my very favorites.

And one beautiful afternoon, I managed to get back to the Lunch Box for one more #10.

No comments: