Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Recap

It was a gorgeous weekend in New York City! I love Spring!! I spent most of Saturday outside in Central Park. I went and sat on The Great Lawn for a while and read my Book Club book….I even got a little much needed sunshine. I also went for a really long walk and, later that evening, went for a run. It was great!!

On Sunday, I had another movie screening to go to. We saw “State of Play”, but unfortunately there was no interview afterwards. I loved the movie, though!! That is totally my type of movie – suspenseful, thriller with a story that could be believable. I took my friends Joy and Jackie with me and we went to brunch afterwards. We tried a new place…Cinema CafĂ© – it was okay, but nothing to rave about.

Sunday evening was church – we started a new series on Ephesians – it’s going to last 21 weeks – woah! But, I love, love, love Ephesians, so I am excited. And, my pastor really loves Ephesians and always talks about how it has had a great effect on his life and lots of studying of that book is largely what eventually led him to NYC. He once read through Ephesians 5 times a week for a year - that’s dedication! He has challenged us to read through it just once a week for the next 20 weeks. I want to meet the challenge!

No comments: