I left late Saturday afternoon and headed straight to Jessica's in Austin. Just like last year, we went to dinner at Guerro's (unfortunately Luke Wilson was not there this year) and then we went to the Old 97's concert at La Zona Rosa. It was a fun night! From the looks of this picture, you'd think I really enjoyed some margaritas at dinner! Nope, no alcohol involved. We took this picture 3 times and I could not keep my eyes open!
Sunday was Jessica's birthday so we went to brunch that morning. I can't remember the name of the place, but it was really cute and great food! We also went and did some shopping on South Congress which was fun. I am still not sure that I made the right decision to not buy an awesome vintage coat I tried on.Sunday afternoon, I went to see my college friend, Janet, and her husband, Matt, and baby, Zachary. Zachary was just waking up when I got there and came right to me and snuggled....just a little while, though, until he realized his mom was just right across the room. It was so sweet, though! I had fun catching up with Janet and Matt, too, and hope they can make a trip to NYC this year!
Jessica had friends over on Sunday night for pizza and games. It was fun and I'm glad she enjoyed her birthday! We played Catch-Phrase and then Taboo, both games I love. I wasn't having my best night, until I had a really good round of Taboo that won the game for my team! We also played Balderdash, but I just don't think that is my favorite game...it did provide some good laughs, though.
Monday morning, I woke up early to go over to my college roommate, Nicole's, house. We were supposed to go to breakfast that morning, but due to some last minute company and a last minute interview, she didn't have much time. So, I just went to her house quickly to visit and drop off a baby gift for her newest, a boy named Thomas. It was nice to chat with her, hold the baby, and see all her family that was in town!
After Nicole's, I headed to Waco for lunch with my high school friend, Courtney. It was great to catch-up with her for a couple of hours! I took a quick drive through Baylor before heading back to Dallas. That campus has been on steroids since I graduated. One of the newer buildings is a HUGE science building. I've seen it a few times before, but never noticed the scripture written at the top of the building, "By Him all things are made...." I thought that was a pretty cool statement to make in an age where most science progams insist that evolution is taught and creationism is not. Go Baylor! I hope they continue to teach according to the Word, rather than conforming to the world, for many more years.
When I got back to Dallas, the boys were at my parent's house. I walked over to Ryder and he looked so happy to see me and said "Hi, Susan!" (Unfortunately, for some reason he started calling me Susan on this trip, rather than SuSu, which he had always called me in the past). Then, my mom walked into the room and he said, very excitedly, "Look, Kay Kay! Susan is here!" It is so fun that he seems to know me so well now! I think Beau's getting there, too, it's just harder to know since he doesn't say complete sentences yet!
1 comment:
I am so glad you made the trip down to Austin! I had so much fun seeing you, especially reading the diary at brunch at Galaxy Cafe.
p.s. I agree, Balderdash is not one of my faves...at all!
Post a Comment