Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas Day 2008

Christmas Day was such fun! The boys are at a perfect age. Ryder really gets it all now. They were completely spoiled. My mom, dad, and I went over to Beth's first thing in the morning so that we could see the boys open their Santa gifts.

We were greeted at the door with Beth & Ryder playing
his new musical instruments...a horn and an accordion.

Beth made brunch for us -- I took fruit salad and stuff to make Poinsettia drinks. After eating, we sat around watching the boys and tried to put their toys together. The gift theme this year seemed to be costumes, musical instruments, and bikes - they love them!

Beau, so excited! Ryder, in his new Batman
PJ's and riding his new carBeau tried the new car, too! Ryder and his new tricycle
Beth and the boys with their new
tool set. Beau loves to hammer! Beau's bells from his Grandma & Grandpa
Happy Beau!

Mom, dad, and I headed home for some afternoon naps and cooking! I made all the sides for our Christmas dinner...my favorite potatoes, cous cous, and the strawberry/pretzel salad we love. My mom made brisket and a salad and Beth brought the rolls and an Apple Pie. It was all delicious! My uncle and his girlfriend joined us for dinner, and it was good to see them. We opened gifts after dinner. I got Ryder a Batman costume and Beau a Spider Man costume. Ryder also got a few costumes from my mom. He stripped down every time he opened another costume and had to put it on right then. It was hilarious. I also got the boys music CD's that have their own name in them (like the word "you" in the songs is replaced with the name Ryder/Beau). Ryder's is a Christian CD and Beau's is a Barney CD...they are so cute!

Ryder, opening his Batman costume He stripped all of his clothes off in
about 20 seconds to try it on!
Beau trying out their new
tent from Janis & Don Brian playing with his cool car
that drives up the walls Ryder had to try on Beau's costume, too!
Beau also got a Superman costume
from Buster & Kay Kay Ryder got a guitar from Buster & Kay
Kay. He really knows how to rock out!

I thought that I took pictures of the other costumes from Buster & Kay Kay, but can't find them now. There was a doctor and a pirate and maybe others. Ryder had to try on every single one of them!

My big gift this year is tuition to a fun NYU class I've been wanting to take. It has nothing to do with the Events certification (which I do still plan to finish). It is a Movies 101 class. Basically, you go each week and watch a new movie (pre-released), then the professor discusses the movie with either the director or an actor/actress from the movie. They have had a lot of big-time movie people come to the class. I am so excited about it! After dinner and gifts, we all hopped into my mom's car to go see the lights at Crazy Liz's house. She is crazy as ever and so was her house! We got outside to walk through the lights this year - it was fun for the boys...and all of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You'll have to blog each Movie class!!! I hope they don't have rules about letting out information on pre-releases. Ya think? Beau & Ryder look like they had a ball!

Anonymous said...

That batman costume is HILARIOUS!!!

Tonya