Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I've been hosting my Bible Study at my apartment every Monday night since we rang in 2012.  It's been fun to have 14 ladies in my home each week (and a 15th via SKYPE!!), but we will be migrating back to Katie's next week since she is done being Glinda all across the USA (but, hopefully some more exciting stuff is coming thru the pipeline for her acting career!).  When we gathered tonight, I wanted to give the ladies a little something special for Valentine's Day.  And what's my favorite treat to celebrate a holiday or any occasion?  You got it...sugar cookies!!  So, I whipped up some cookies yesterday and pulled out my twine and cellophane bags and ended up with the perfect treat for these ladies who deserve to know they're special and loved!


After blessing the Bible Study crew, I had 6 bags leftover, so I did a bit of brainstorming and came up with 5 more friends I'd like to surprise tomorrow (I'll figure out the 6th tomorrow...depending on who I might be near)!  I hope to walk to the offices of Audra, Mindy, and Stacy at lunch to hand-deliver their cookies.  Hopefully, we can coordinate schedules for the hand-off!

I also decided to leave 2 packages on my upstairs neighbor, Christine's, door - one for her and one for my friend, Megan, who is her co-worker.  I had to get a little creative figuring out how to leave it attached to her door (I was afraid she would step on it if I left it on the ground) and also wanted to include a note explaining that one was intended for Megan!

I ended up putting both their cookie bags into a brown paper
bag with a hand-written note.  I used more red twine to create
a handle that I used to hang the bag from her door knob.

And I sealed the back of the paper sack with one of my
gift tag stickers that I got for FREE when I ordered my
Erin Condren planner (which is amazing, by the way).
Aren't these tags just perfect for this?!

This was a super cheap and easy way to bless 18 of my favorite women in life.  I only had to spend a few dollars for a new bottle of Vanilla because I was out and that will last thru many more batches of cookies.

Can we just take a minute to acknowledge the awesomeness of Christmas goods?  The twine I bought on December 26th, 2010 at Crate & Barrel for super cheap -- it's a huge roll that I've already used several times and I have a feeling it's going to last me my entire life!!  And the glittery like sprinkles I used were part of a Christmas sprinkle set that I got at Brookie's Christmas party last year...her mom actually won them and gave them to me (oh, how I love Brooke & her mom!!).  Don't you agree that both the twine and the pink/white sprinkles easily pass for Valentine's Day?  And what about the red sharpie I used on the paper sack?!  A stocking stuffer from Santa this year.  Love it!


1 comment:

Kate said...

very cute, and a happy valentine's day to you!