Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Where I Live

Okay, I promised some people this post ages ago! Pictures of where I live...my little, tiny studio on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. I thought I'd drag it out and give it to you "room" by "room". The suspense might make it more fun. I've actually had fun taking pictures of my apartment - it makes me look at things and remember how special some of the things I own are, so I'll have fun sharing some of the little things, too. And, this will buy me some time to possibly get my kitchen fixed up, which has been an on going battle ever since I moved in (it's a long story).  We'll begin with my entryway, what else!  So, let's get started!

Welcome!  Please, step inside!


This is as you walk in my front door.
If you were to walk straight back, you
would enter the kitchen.  You'll notice the
opening on the left - that's the main living
area, my "bedroom" and "living room".
As you enter the apartment, just to the
right is the bathroom.

The mirror on the wall at the back of my
entry way came from Reggie Land & Co.  He's
a favorite of many women in my family.  This
is the only piece I personally own - Beth gave it to me
for my birthday a couple of years ago.  I love it!

I've found hooks to be a necessity in these
small NYC apartments.  I'm not a huge fan
of hanging stuff out for all to see, but with
the super limited amounts of closet space,
you just have to make due!  On one
side of my entryway, I have hooks for keys
and hooks for my bags and purse.  The key
hook I got in Cape Cod a couple of summers
ago.  I bought the larger hook thing at
Target in the spring and filled it with
some pictures I took in Greece last summer.

On the other side of my entryway is a painting
mom bought me for Christmas one year at a
cute store in La Jolla when my parents were
living out there.  I believe we picked this out
on my very last trip to visit just before they
moved back to Texas.  I have another picture
we bought at the same store that you'll see
when we get to my kitchen.  The wreath I got
at Wisteria, my favorite decorating warehouse
in Dallas.  I had planned for it to go on the
outside of my door, but haven't figured out a
way to get it to hang there...the door is
basically metal.  So, I need a special wreath
hook, but am not sure I'd like that either.  For
now, I kind of like it on the inside anyway.

Another hook!!  This one I bought at an
antique store in Amarillo while visiting my
cousins & aunt/uncle.  I use it to hang my
coats and scarves in the winter.  Also pictured
is my intercom thing.  I love that I can talk to
people who buzz my apartment or let
them in without having to open my door.

This is the rug in my entryway.
I brought it back from Greece!

Thanks for stopping by!  Next time, I'll take you into my bedroom!

4 comments:

jessica said...

Yay! Can't wait to see more! I think I need to buy some hooks now!

Maggie said...

Agreed. I love that you're keeping us in suspense. My question is this - how did you get a rug back from Greece in your luggage??

Susan said...

Getting the rug back was actually AWESOME! It's actually a pretty small/lightweight rug. They rolled it up/folded it up, wrapped it in some kind of plastic, taped all around it, added a handle, and told me it was my new Louis Vuitton. It was actually hilarious, but my new "purse" was very easy to tote around and gave us lots of laughs!

tonya said...

It's good to finally see the rug unwrapped!!! Looks great!