I know I mentioned a few weeks ago that my sister's baby could be coming any day-- I thought maybe I should give an update. Apparently, this baby is a bit stubborn. My sister is being induced tomorrow morning! We are all excited to meet this new baby. It is still a couple of weeks early, but the doctor told her on Thursday that her body continues to prepare itself for labor, but for some unknown reason, she's not going into labor. His concern was that if she did go into labor on her own, everything else would be so ready that the baby would just pop on out. He was afraid of them having the baby so quickly that they wouldn't make it to the hospital. My nurse friend, Michelle (who delivered Ryder), said most women who are as far along as Beth have already experienced labor pains for a long time, so in a sense, Beth has been lucky because she's skipped right over that part. Unfortunately, Michelle won't be working tomorrow to deliver the second McFarlane baby. I'm excited, yet a bit sad I'm so far away from the excitement.
Beth called earlier today and wanted a recipe for icing for cookies. I was like "You aren't making cookies are you? You're having a baby tomorrow!" But, yes, she was making cookies to take to the hospital to give to all the friends/family that will come visit. Aren't they supposed to bring cookies to her?? This is very typical of her, yet, very insane! She is obviously not feeling too nervous or unprepared for this second baby!
Beth has been trying to tell Ryder about the baby that will soon be invading his space. I've been worried about him losing all the attention, but the closer it gets, I realize that he's still too young to hardly know the difference. He does know that the baby is in a stomach, although, he seems to think it's in his stomach! If you ask him about it, he will lift up his shirt and point to his belly.
My family is not good at sharing pictures. Brian is the most likely to be able to get a picture on the internet or emailed, so I made him promise to get me a picture of the baby as early as possible. Hopefully, he will follow through. If not, I'll have to call Michelle tomorrow and get her to take her camera to work on Tuesday! I will post a picture on here as soon as I get one!!
1 comment:
Fear not! Ryder will have an adjustment period, but think about it this way: He will in reality never remember life without a younger brother or sister!
Just make sure when you go down, don't go straight to the baby first. Stop and give Ryder some time and let him introduce you to his new brother or sister!!
We all got the baby breaking news from YOU Susan. You are our source! We found out she was pregnant, and now we find out about the soon arrival from you blog! It could be the next Drudge Report! Or at least, our family Drudge Report!
Post a Comment