--Lunch at Burger Joint…yummy burgers and shakes! A little dive I went to once back in the summer. It's right in the middle of the fancy Le Parker Meridien Hotel.
--Tonya can appreciate nice things like I can, even if we can’t afford them, so we had a lot of fun browsing the racks at Bergdorf’s-- a first for both of us. I tried on a pair of super cute Prada shoes…they were on sale for just $600! I told Tonya, “if I don’t see anything else, I’ll get these.” She thought I was serious for a minute! We saw lots of really cute tops and pretty dresses. It was also a fun store for people-watching. We saw a funny lady trying on a tiny, short, white, strapless fancy dress and asking the sales guy if it was appropriate for her daughter's birthday party from 12-3 on a Saturday. He gave her the funniest look and was like, “no, it’s not.”
--Saturday night was our big night out. We got half-price tickets to a Broadway show, Tarzan…it was excellent!!! I wouldn’t have thought I’d be too interested in Tarzan, but kept hearing great things about it so I had been wanting to go. The special effects were incredible…at one point, they had the entire stage, including floor-to-ceiling, made to look like an ocean with people drowning. All the swinging around and dance scenes were great too.
--After the show, we had midnight reservations for dinner at Tao. That was the only time we could get in and we both wanted to go there….I knew it was a crazy dance-club like atmosphere and I only have about 2 friends who I thought would really appreciate it and Tonya is one of them! We had eaten a late and big lunch, so midnight seemed fine for dinner! It was really fun and great food. We got there about an hour early and had a drink in the lounge area—it was super packed, great people watching. Then, we were seated for dinner. It’s an Asian Fusion restaurant, although I’m still uncertain what fusion really means. They recommend you order to share, so we we got several things, but our main dish was most fun. We had filet mignon they bring to your table sliced very thin and raw. They also bring a fire with a pot full of broth over it to cook the meat in. It cooks very, very quickly. Kind of like a fondue experience. It was a great night!
Tonya & I at Tao with the big Budda in the background.
--Sunday we went to a show called Tango. It was good—really great dancers. They pretty much did different versions of the Tango the whole time. There wasn’t really a story, but they were portraying the history of the Tango through the style of dance and costumes. It was fun.
--Last night, we met up after work for dinner at a wine & cheese place. It’s a newer place down the street from me and I hadn’t tried it yet. It was great! We did a good job picking 3 delicious cheeses and also had some yummy hummus.
--After dinner, we headed to see Mary Poppins. It was sooooo good!! I know, I say that about almost every Broadway show, but they are all so great! Mary Poppins was so colorful and the stage did really cool stuff. Plus, we’re all familiar with a lot of the songs, so that makes it fun. We had excellent seats in the 5th row and could see their faces so well-- there were a couple of times where I thought I was in the musical myself! At the end, Mary Poppins flys out into the audience and her feet were just inches above our heads as she flew over us!
The title for the Sunday sermon at this church caught our eye!! I'm still curious to know how the pastor worked a sermon around Luckenbach. I checked online and it's out there as an MP3, so I may just have to download it and listen to find out!
It has been a fun week! I hear we’re in for some crazy weather tomorrow—we’ll see if it really happens! There actually has been clumps of snow on the ground for most of this week—first time that’s happened this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment